Mark's Best Available Defensive Coordinators list

i wonder if this choice was completely up to ml, or how much of it was gute and murphy getting their fingers in the process. it seems odd that ml would choose some old guy who is a proven loser.
Not sure about that. I can see ML wanting a veteran coach because he would not have the time to hold the hand of a young rookie DC that would need to learn on the job say Evero getting hired. I think Leonhard at least would have been less of a worry since he spent so many years as a player in the league.

Not sure why the Murph or Gute would want that either
well, gute is a total idiot and murphy has been away from the game, focusing on "titeltown" so long he's out of touch with modern defenses.

if it was totally ml's choice, i just lost a bunch of respect.

i wonder if this choice was completely up to ml, or how much of it was gute and murphy getting their fingers in the process. it seems odd that ml would choose some old guy who is a proven loser.
I truly believe his first 3 choices were gone or backed out and he settled on Barry because he knew him or coaches he has worked with in the past know him etc. It's his first FP( move as a HC and to be honest, one that surprised me.

Not sure about that. I can see ML wanting a veteran coach because he would not have the time to hold the hand of a young rookie DC that would need to learn on the job say Evero getting hired. I think Leonhard at least would have been less of a worry since he spent so many years as a player in the league.
This is exactly what I said when I heard of the hire. ML is still a young HC trying to get his footing

And LA had Donald, Floyd and Ramsey. I feel so much better now

Those were the main focus of a Staley defense. GB has nothing near that talent. Gonna be interesting

ML needs to get over love fest of wanting ot hire guys he worked with and hire best he can find.

I wonder that too. As soon as Ted left Murphy was almost giddy at getting to grab back more control it seemed.

I think Mark hit on MLs first choices not working out. But I wonder if after that Murphy told ML he had to go with a "veteran" instead of a young position coach?

Back