Mike Reinfeldt to introduce Ted Thompson at Packers Hall of Fame induction

After watching Ted, you can see how much his problem has progressed. He's a mere shell of what he was the day he went to Green Bay and started the mission to win a Super Bowl. It's sad that the game that he loved so much more than likely led to his illness that is stealing his life.

Having dealt with this, and knowing people in both sports and the military, who have succumbed to head trauma, and knowing what the families go through, I can only empathize, and feel compassion for all who have gone before.

Yes you could tell he was hunced over a bit and looked like a shuffle in his step. I think 6 months or year from now there was no way they could have done this and had him be here.

Give the media local and national credit there could be a real a-hole writer who could go into Ted's private life and discuss his declining health but seems they are letting it stay a private matter.

Just watched the video of Ted accepting his HOF honor. Made me a little misty eyed.
Reminded me of my father in his last few years. I wish nothing but the best for Ted in his remaining years.

Then went and looked at the photo/snapshots of the festivities. Was very surprised by how may pictures of Jordy they had in that montage. He will always be a Packer in my mind. True representative of what they mean when they refer to "Packer People".

I wish nothing but the best for Ted. We could see that something is wrong and now there's a name to it and the speculation can now end. He brought the franchise back to glory after Wolf. He has my ultimate respect.

It’s a bitch to get old in the first place but it’s really sad when a person has to live their last years of their life with mental and brain disorder’s with little chance for any quality of life. I have taken my shots at Ted and also went along with the jokes but if I had only known the whole story. Thanks Ted for all you did and you certainly belong in the Packer HOF. You do have my upmost respect. And a thanks to Mark Murphy on how he handled the stepping down of Ted and the transition of GM’s under a very tough and emotional situation.

From what Ted has said no CTE so this is just a thing of aging. Only 66 which is not very old but read article other day saying that USA could be in a crisis to see in next 5-10 years a blowout of cases of dementia as the Baby Boomer population enters their golden years.

Back