Must see video On Packers/MM/Offense

Thank you Greg Jennings! I've been saying it for several years - The Packers real offense is the 2-minute drill, because it's Rodgers who is making the decisions, not McCarthy. I thought everyone understood that but have been told repeatedly that McCarthy was still calling the shots. I knew he wasn't, because they kept essentially one personnel package on the field, and it was obvious that Rodgers played some "sand-lot" during that period of time. McCarthy becomes a spectator.

Greg was being kind when he called it predictable, because what he was actually saying is something else I've said, repeatedly. The personnel packages that McCarthy sends on the field tells the defenses what the limited plays are that the Packers can use. They then set themselves up to defend against them.

McCarthy even indicated, in this interview, that Rodgers is controlling the team in the 2-minute drill. I'd guess that nearly half, maybe more, of our scoring in each half comes within these 2 minute segments of the game.

McCarthy Interview

I also think one of the, if not the, most important things he said was that Arod cannot do it on his own. When Jennings listed off the WR GB had back when Jennings was here it really brings into focus how mediocre the current group is .. and also his question as to why isn't MM scheming to get Adams open more? Adams also is much better when Arod calls the shots.

He could be good if he allowed his OC to run their particular offense. Problem is that he would just demand that he run it the way he ran it. Nothing would change.

Very telling interview. Stuff many of us have been saying for a long time. Thanks for posting it, Mark!

Makes me think things aren’t going to get better until Murphy moves on as well. Ridiculous way to run a team. If things don’t change, we may end up losing Gute. Some folks on that board need to wake up!

And that's really a big deal why ? Honestly wouldn't hurt my feelings if they clean sweep it all and start over. Won't happen but I sure wouldn't lose sleep over it.
I won't mind MM gettting fired if he does or if Murphy retires soon. But if Packers want to keep a team president who will micro manage the team will be hard to find a good GM that will want to take job then if his hands are tied

I won't mind MM getting fired if he does or if Murphy retires soon. But if Packers want to keep a team president who will micro manage the team will be hard to find a good GM that will want to take job then if his hands are tied
That's why I think the best thing is a clean sweep, notice what Greg said about "relationships" in the organization ? A lot of buddy/buddy stuff up front in GB. Once Bob Harlan left the front office seemed to relax and got lazy. The only person that stays is Russ Ball because he understands how to manage the cap.

That's why I think the best thing is a clean sweep, notice what Greg said about "relationships" in the organization ? A lot of buddy/buddy stuff up front in GB. Once Bob Harlan left the front office seemed to relax and got lazy. The only person that stays is Russ Ball because he understands how to manage the cap.
I believe Ball will get job as team president if Murphy retires in next year or two and would Ball as president be any different than things now?

I won't mind MM gettting fired if he does or if Murphy retires soon. But if Packers want to keep a team president who will micro manage the team will be hard to find a good GM that will want to take job then if his hands are tied

The fact Gutey took the job with the kind of fd up power structure says something about Gutey. So many others jumped ship. Guess we have a much clearer idea if why now.

Back