Next Badgers Football Coach

If Allen leaves, it will be after this season, and it will be through the portal. If not, he'll stay for his Sr year, and hope to be a top 10 pick. Personally, I think it will be a top 20. RBs are not getting as much recognition as they have in the past.
Don't know if he will ever be a round 1 pick. NFL does not value RB's anymore At best he ends up a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

If Allen leaves, it will be after this season, and it will be through the portal. If not, he'll stay for his Sr year, and hope to be a top 10 pick. Personally, I think it will be a top 20. RBs are not getting as much recognition as they have in the past.
I would say end of round 1 mid-2nd. Taylor was a better back and went #41

I would say end of round 1 mid-2nd. Taylor was a better back and went #41
I think you’re being generous. The league values backs who can be versatile, run the ball , catch the ball ball and pass pro. He’s not Derick Henry or Chubb. Honestly I don’t know a good comp but he won’t plant and run which is more PJ Hill or Clay.

I think you’re being generous. The league values backs who can be versatile, run the ball , catch the ball ball and pass pro. He’s not Derick Henry or Chubb. Honestly I don’t know a good comp but he won’t plant and run which is more PJ Hill or Clay.
He's an 18 year old sophomore. He's going to improve a lot with more experience, and possibly aided an RB coach who can teach him how to use other unexplored skills. Up to now, he hasn't had to be elusive because he runs people over, and reads the field well enough to find the creases.

He's an 18 year old sophomore. He's going to improve a lot with more experience, and possibly aided an RB coach who can teach him how to use other unexplored skills. Up to now, he hasn't had to be elusive because he runs people over, and reads the field well enough to find the creases.
Well that’s where I have some issues with him. He’s a bit slow to the hole and unless he’s got a lane he can’t accelerate fast enough to hit the gap and go. Now can he learn and not dance around sure but he’s not real elusive either. Can’t teach speed. Not sure he can be taught to plant and go but does he have the quickness not sure

The Clay comp is also based on what he had for OL compared to Allen. Clay had Wagner, Moffitt , Nagy, Fredrick. Allen plays behind that line he gains 1,500 yds easy and the narrative might be different.

I always thought he was a better Safety or LB prospect than RB at the pro level. Probably too big for S now, but still think his up side and earning potential higher on defense. RB's careers are so short, and don't often get good first contracts because not many go high.

Last edited:
I always thought he was a better Safety or LB prospect than RB at the pro level. Probably too big for S now, but still think his up side and earning potential higher on defense. RB's careers are so short, and don't often get good first contracts because not many go high.
I agree. I think he would have been a dynamite defensive player. In all honesty, if they came up with a freshman next year who was a solid RB to add with Millusi, I'd say move him to a sort of hybrid safety/LB position.

I agree. I think he would have been a dynamite defensive player. In all honesty, if they came up with a freshman next year who was a solid RB to add with Millusi, I'd say move him to a sort of hybrid safety/LB position.
Issue with Allen was last year of high school he was moved to RB. I think he enjoyed it so much that he wanted to stay at RB and to be able to keep him UW had to agree to let him play RB instead of coming in as a safety/LB like he was supposed to.

Issue with Allen was last year of high school he was moved to RB. I think he enjoyed it so much that he wanted to stay at RB and to be able to keep him UW had to agree to let him play RB instead of coming in as a safety/LB like he was supposed to.
Excellent point, and quite possibly on point. It's possible he would have chosen a different school.

Hell ya let's hire Jimmy L

@TheBadgerNation · 1m Wisconsin finishes the regular season with its first non-winning record since 2001 (excluding the 2020 COVID year), loses back-to-back games to Minnesota for the first time since 1993-94, and lost to Minnesota and Iowa in the same season for the first time since 2003

Back