Next Badgers Football Coach

The key to Leonard who he gets out to fill out his offensive staff. I doubt we see much change to to the defense as he will likely keep that the same. But will he be able to find a good person to run this offense? There is not much there and it's pretty much a total rebuild there. Getting a top notch guy to run your offense with it's current state might be hard.
The OL even the 2 deep is 80% back next year, Allen and Mertz 90% likely back and while WR is at best average Dike, Bell and Lewis are back to so not a rebuild. Mellusi is also back

A lot of different ways he could go there. Getting a real RB coach and maybe hiring an OC with QB coaching experience would be a great start.
Accurate. Damn we miss Thomas Brown

The OL even the 2 deep is 80% back next year, Allen and Mertz 90% likely back and while WR is at best average Dike, Bell and Lewis are back to so not a rebuild. Mellusi is also back
There is nothing you can build on. There is a chance Allen and Mertz leave after next year. You have nothing at QB and RB to replace them. WR has always at best been average. Question is will Leonhard be able to find assitant coaches that can sell UW to kids?

There is nothing you can build on. There is a chance Allen and Mertz leave after next year. You have nothing at QB and RB to replace them. WR has always at best been average. Question is will Leonhard be able to find assitant coaches that can sell UW to kids?
Sure the rebuild is in 2024 not 2023. I highly doubt Allen is gone after next year. He’s not near ready for the next level. He’s a faster version of PJ Hill or John Clay

Sure the rebuild is in 2024 not 2023. I highly doubt Allen is gone after next year. He’s not near ready for the next level. He’s a faster version of PJ Hill or John Clay
Depends there are a ton of guys who go pro now because they want a chance at the cash. Look at how many declare for the draft and never get drafted. I would not be shocked if Allen thinks that it's not worth taking a extra year of punishment on his body so he goes pro after 2023.

Depends there are a ton of guys who go pro now because they want a chance at the cash. Look at how many declare for the draft and never get drafted. I would not be shocked if Allen thinks that it's not worth taking an extra year of punishment on his body so he goes pro after 2023.
He’s at best 4th round. And it’s no guarantee he makes a roster. Honestly he a nice college back but his game does not translate to the NFL

You can only count on a player for 3 years with the draft situation. It's now a game where you need to groom a replacement a year earlier than you anticipated, and you could lose a red shirt player after only two years of playing for you.

So... you need to recruit as if your play maker types are only available to you for 3 years.

You can only count on a player for 3 years with the draft situation. It's now a game where you need to groom a replacement a year earlier than you anticipated, and you could lose a red shirt player after only two years of playing for you.

So... you need to recruit as if your play maker types are only available to you for 3 years.
Well the 2021 class better step it up. High ranked class that needs to prove why there were that.

If Allen leaves, it will be after this season, and it will be through the portal. If not, he'll stay for his Sr year, and hope to be a top 10 pick. Personally, I think it will be a top 20. RBs are not getting as much recognition as they have in the past.

If Allen leaves, it will be after this season, and it will be through the portal. If not, he'll stay for his Sr year, and hope to be a top 10 pick. Personally, I think it will be a top 20. RBs are not getting as much recognition as they have in the past.
Unless he learns to hit cut lanes and accelerate faster to the hole he’s going to get eaten alive at the next level. Right now he’s at best round 3. Like what he brings at this level but don’t see the jump. He’s more John Clay with more speed

Back