Next Badgers Football Coach

Here is the million dollar question literally.. what is the ceiling for this program. Let’s not kid ourselves, to win the B1G you have to beat OSU and / or Michigan each year. Unlikely. Now add in beating USC and when they , not if they eliminate divisions it’s a real reach. And yeah I left off PSU and MSU also

Now when the CFP expand does a #4–5 B1G team get in ? No. And with the expanded playoffs the NY6 bowls become part of the playoff mix. So that leaves the former Outback and Citrus as the most likely destinations maybe Gator Bowl.

Sorry for the harsh reality check

Here is the million dollar question literally.. what is the ceiling for this program. Let’s not kid ourselves, to win the B1G you have to beat OSU and / or Michigan each year. Unlikely. Now add in beating USC and when they , not if they eliminate divisions it’s a real reach. And yeah I left off PSU and MSU also

Now when the CFP expand does a #4–5 B1G team get in ? No. And with the expanded playoffs the NY6 bowls become part of the playoff mix. So that leaves the former Outback and Citrus as the most likely destinations maybe Gator Bowl.

Sorry for the harsh reality check
I think this is a good take but, in all fairness to UW, historically, Michigan has beat up on the Badgers(17-52 record) but I think the last 10 match ups, since 2007, have the Badgers at 6-4. So, they are doing something right in those regards. I do get what you're saying about facilities and all. There's no question OSU and Michigan pour in the money.

Personally, OSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the conference and it's not close. That Michigan win against them last year is not, and will not, be the norm. I think, below OSU, it's a crapshoot year to year.

I think this is a good take but, in all fairness to UW, historically, Michigan has beat up on the Badgers(17-52 record) but I think the last 10 match ups, since 2007, have the Badgers at 6-4. So, they are doing something right in those regards. I do get what you're saying about facilities and all. There's no question OSU and Michigan pour in the money.

Personally, OSU is head and shoulders above the rest of the conference and it's not close. That Michigan win against them last year is not, and will not, be the norm. I think, below OSU, it's a crapshoot year to year.
That’s fair on UM . I just look at resources and stuff also. It’s a better program than UW

Last edited:
In just a quick trip on the Twitterverse I’ve seen names like Lane Kiffen, Mike Leach out there. It’s laughable.

The gorilla in the room is The Emperor, Coach Alvey. Yeah he has clout…a lot of it.
Urban Meyer!

I think what's going to happen in end Badgers go 6-6 or 7-5 get a bowl game won't matter if they win it or not Leonard gets job. He will be given 3 years to turn things around in those 3 years things don't get better he's out the door.

I think what's going to happen in end Badgers go 6-6 or 7-5 get a bowl game won't matter if they win it or not Leonard gets job. He will be given 3 years to turn things around in those 3 years things don't get better he's out the door.
And turn around to what? Since 2015 PC had 4 10+ win seasons , one 8 win 1 9 win. Seriously I honestly wonder what people think the ceiling is with this program. Divisions will be gone in 2-3 years, CFP will expand and NY 6 bowls will be part of playoffs.

And turn around to what? Since 2015 PC had 4 10+ win seasons , one 8 win 1 9 win. Seriously I honestly wonder what people think the ceiling is with this program. Divisions will be gone in 2-3 years, CFP will expand and NY 6 bowls will be part of playoffs.
In all honesty, the ceiling for any team right now is highly dependent on NIL. And, unless UW ups it's NIL money, the ceiling for UW is "top middle" of the Big 10.

In all honesty, the ceiling for any team right now is highly dependent on NIL. And, unless UW ups it's NIL money, the ceiling for UW is "top middle" of the Big 10.
Not sure I 100% agree with that. Sure NIL is a factor but in the B1G once you get past OSU, UM, PSU & in the future USC it’s a crap shoot. The portal is arguably just as critical

I like Dickert, Lewis and Leonhard pretty much in that order. Leipold would be fine as well. I'd just like to go younger at this time, even though a 58 year old Leipold certainly could easily coach for another 8-10 years, (maybe more).

I'm not sure if you can realistically evaluate Leonhard over these last 7 games. You can't add any players, and he's pretty much stuck with the mess you have in terms of coaches on the offensive side of the ball.

Yes, Chryst had several 10 win seasons.

Name the non-conference foe that Bucky played as an underdog during those years.

During Chryst's big seasons the B1G East and MI were horrible. Other B1G teams were bad.

3 Non-conference wins and 6-7 conference wins against horrible teams is 9-10 wins. The numbers look great until you peel the onion.

We may never be better than 6-8 wins again. But something was off. Somebody mentioned that at Halftime against IL, Chryst told his players to draw a line in the sand. We'll they played like the 60 pound weakling needing Charles Atlas supplements while IL kicked sand in their face.

Chryst is a good man. He just wasn't working out as the Badgers coach. He's getting $11,000,000.00. He'll be fine

Back