NFL 2023 Black Monday Thread

Unless the Eagles are throwing big $$ at him.
Considering that GB opened the vault for Bisaccia and how long GB allowed JL to string them along, I can’t imagine money would be an object to hiring Leonard. It seems to me that JL doesn’t like something about the GB job, whether it’s ML or the roster or something else.

Considering that GB opened the vault for Bisaccia and how long GB allowed JL to string them along, I can’t imagine money would be an object to hiring Leonard. It seems to me that JL doesn’t like something about the GB job, whether it’s ML or the roster or something else.
The expectations of coaching there being a hometown hero would be overwhelming. I can see why he wouldn't want that.

@JFowlerESPN

The #Eagles and Jim Leonhard mutually decided they would not move forward with his DC candidacy, per league sources. Leonhard had planned to undergo hip surgery and sit out coaching for a year, but when Eagles job opened, both sides had interest in discussing the position, which they did last week. Ultimately, they decided it wasn't the right time.

Back