Official 2019 Week 7 Green Bay vs Oakland Thread

Packers inactives: 11 WR Ryan Grant 17 WR Davante Adams 26 S Darnell Savage 47 LB Tim Williams 61 G Cole Madison 67 G/T Adam Pankey 85 TE Robert Tonyan

We're going to go through this entire season questioning whether or not the Packers have play makers at WR. The fact is, they do make some seriously good plays. None are as good as Adams, or Nelson was, but don't short sell them. They showed they can make catches under tough conditions.

A few things I saw today, on offense. Le Fleur and Rodgers are on the same wave link. The calls, and the options Rodgers has at the line of scrimmage work, because they both now trust each other's judgement. Rodgers has corrected his delivery. All day long, Romo referred to it in his plant and delivery. After the injuries he had, that whole "push" was gone. He was trying to throw with his arm. The old delivery is back, as long as he stays healthy. Even the speed of release is improving, because he's more confident in himself, hitting those small windows. Our receivers can make plays. They may not be on their way to the HOF, but really, who cares, as long as they can make catches like they did today, move the chains, and find the end zone. Then there's the running game. It may not look potent, and might not rip off big chunks of yardage, but it keeps the defenses honest because they have to play against it, and that opens up the passing game, and what Rodgers does best. The attack, although not shown in yardage gained at times, is balanced enough to force defenses to be wary of both.

As the Packers move forward, the injury to Adams, and the fact that others are learning they need to be next man up, might be a catalyst to a darned good season. I sure feel a lot better about this year after today's game. I have just one thing to say.

Rodgers is back!

Back