Official 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread

No he's not a tackle. I don't know why people want to move Jenkins when he was one of the best guards in the NFL last year as a rookie. How about we keep guys were they are best at instead of playing musical chairs with guys on the OL.
How about we find someone who can play T.

What if he's a good guard but a great tackle. Now, is the time to find out. Not in desperation during a game
Question is if he can move his feet. I think he's shown plenty of that.

We've got what, 13 dudes who can play G? Maybe Alex Light will step up.

Practice Starts at: 10:15 AM CST

General:

• Full Pads Today
  • Practice is indoors in the Hutson center today.
  • A few reporters aren't at camp today, so information is more sparse than usual.
Not Practicing: LB/S Raven Greene (?), LB Randy Ramsey (?)

Injuries: CB Kabion Ento (Foot), DL Montravius Adams (Toe), RB Patrick Taylor (NFI), OL Simon Stepaniak (NFI), LB Curtis Bolton (PUP), Greg Roberts (PUP), WR Devin Funchess (Opt-Out IR)

Offense:

• Rick Wagner is back at practice for the Packers with a left elbow support.
  • Looks like Packers OT Yosh Nijman is off PUP - he is suited up.
  • QB Jordan Love had some accuracy issues again in the one-on-one receiver/DB session - some of his guys didn’t have much of a chance.
  • Aaron Rodgers got Josh Jackson on my favorite throw - he zipped a BB at the back of Jackson’s helmet and Eq. St. Brown just yoinked it going over the top.
  • As far as young guys in the drill, guards Zack Johnson and Cody Conway had some solid reps. LT Alex Light remains in consistent.
  • In all, I’d say the route-runners had a very good day on the turf. Davante Adams, Tyler Ervin, Evan Baylis, Marcedes Lewis, Jace Sternberger, Malik Turner and Kumerow all. Ball didn’t always finish in their hands though.
  • Lane Taylor remains unbeaten in 1-on-1s.
  • Wagner is getting 11-on-11 reps with the arm brace on.
  • Yosh Nijman dressed but is not doing team work on his first day back off PUP.
  • Jordan Love just made perhaps his best throw of camp. Deep corner route to Malik Turner in a perfect spot on the sideline.
  • But then Love came back and fired one — at least he fired it — behind Reggie Begelton on an in breaker.
  • Nice one handed snag by MVS at the end of crossing route. He’s had a few nice catches today.
  • Tim Boyle converts second and 15 with two nice throws, including a perfectly timed ball to ESB for 10. Hit Kumerow for 1st down with a blitzer in his face on the next play.
  • On final second and long drill, G Elgton Jenkins picks up Z's blitz and allow Rodgers to throw deep to open Allen Lazard. Ball sails just past his hands. Would have been a 70-yard TD.
  • Crosby finishes off 2-minute with a 48-yard FG at the buzzer after Rodgers hits 2 of 4 for 27 yards to get in position. Rodgers hit Lazard in middle of field and offense clocked it with 1 second left.
  • Dexter Williams is down after a stretch run left. But went right back into the drill after having his leg looked at by the trainers.
  • And practice is officially over.
Defense:

• OLB Randy Ramsey remains out.
  • CB Kabion Ento won’t practice today, or anytime soon. Ento left Tuesday‘s practice at Lambeau Field with a broken bone in his foot, per source. He had surgery Wednesday. Timetable for his return is unknown.
  • Rashan Gary just pulled out the ole hump move for one of the prettier rushes of one on ones this camp. Picking up 300-pound tackle John Leglue and throwing him to the ground.
  • Jonathan Garvin has two nice rushes as well in 1 on 1s.
  • Za ‘Darius Smith in prime pass rushing form in 1 on 1s. Blew away Billy Turner on one rush from the edge and won twice against Lucas Patrick inside.
  • Jaire Alexander with a physical PBU in the end zone on a deep ball for Davante Adams.
  • Za’Darius Smith comes up limping after a rep in team and is getting checked on by head trainer Bryan Engel. He got his feet tangled up with an offensive lineman.
  • Treyvon Hester also getting looked at on the sideline.
  • Rashan Gary continues to impress in these padded sessions. No other way to say it.
  • Z is back on the field.
  • In second and long drill, Adrian Amos with a perfectly timed blitz that would have sacked Rodgers.
  • Defense making noise from sideline during third down period.
  • Josh Jackson with another PBU. No refs this year but seems to be doing a better job anticipating when the ball is arriving.
  • The back end of the OLB room also has impressed. UDFA rookie Tipa Galea’i acquainted himself with Aaron Rodgers and Jordan Love today in team settings.
Special Teams:

• Mason Crosby, after a near perfect start to camp, has been a little shaky. 5-of-8 in a FG period but then drilled a 43 yarder to end the 2 minute drill.
Media:

Practice has ended at: 12:06 PM CST | 1 hour 51 minutes

Next event is: Practice | August 29th | 10:30 AM CST

Press Conference Notes:

• LaFleur on 2 days off “Every time we step out on that field, we have to maintain our standards. Our standards can’t slip. Just put our best foot forward each and every day.”
  • LaFleur said they met as a team at 8 am this morning and talked about steps they can take moving forward in regards to racial injustice. "We know these discussions are far from over and we will continue to have them and must balance being a football player and attacking these racial injustices in our country."
  • LaFleur said they went inside because he was told there were going to be thunderstorms. Said he didn’t hear any thunder so he’s gonna have to get on whoever gave him the weather report.
  • LaFleur on how team looks: "There's a lot of unknowns when you don't have preseason games and are just competing against yourselves, there's just a lot of unknowns."
  • LaFleur on Aaron Jones: "He is in better shape now, seeing more explosion and burst, couple big holes today where you could see him accelerate through the hole, he is a great guy, so conscientious, and attacks it with the right mindset, excited having him as our back."
  • LaFleur remains in no hurry to figure out the right side of the OL. Could take it up to game week.
  • Matt LaFleur's impression of Rashan Gary so far: "I think Rashan is extremely talented. He's done a really nice job of being violent with his hands and getting the offensive lineman's hands off of him."
  • With final cutdowns almost a week away, Matt LaFleur on Packers roster: "There's some real competition on the back side of that roster to make the 53."
  • Matt LaFleur on Jordan Love: "Today he was much better. More aggressive. More decisive. That's what we want to see. Getting better footwork and mechanics. Have to slow it down mentally for him. As he gets more comfortable, it'll show in his play."
  • OL Billy Tuner on conversations the Packers had yesterday: “The conversations had yesterday as a team, as an organization were emotional, impactful and positive.”..."We were all able to communicate what is going on in society and see what we can do."
  • Billy Turner on protests: "If anything, it's going to more noticed this year. What exactly is going to be done? That's up for discussion." He disagrees with Jerry Jones' plan with Cowboys to protest together but to stand for anthem.
  • Billy Turner on protests: “The idea of protesting is to get people to notice what you are doing. To get people higher up, like our president, to take notice. We know he doesn’t like it, but nothing has changed. Why do you think we’re still doing it?”
  • Billy Turner on players' meeting yesterday morning: "We asked the guys in our front office to be a part of that meeting, and we spoke our minds to them and told them what we wanted as a football team." Among them were Mark Murphy, Brian Gutekunst and Russ Ball.
  • Turner said part of the discussion was whether pressure could be put on sponsors to help forward the cause.
  • Billy Turner to police: "I would like to understand the rules and the guidelines that are in place for law enforcement when it comes to pulling someone over and subduing someone. Three grown men on one is an unfair advantage. There should be no reason to pulling a gun out."
  • Asked Billy Turner what emotions he's had since seeing video of Jacob Blake shooting: "I'm embarrassed as a human. I'm embarrassed to be a part of the human race. Because what media shows us, that's how we treat each other?" "We're killing each other. It doesn't make any sense."
  • Billy Turner said he doesn’t think NFL players boycotting games is the right way to go. “Yeah we could go out there and boycott football games. That’s easy. What change is that going to bring initially right now … football fans pissed off? What is that negativity going to bring to the world? I don’t know that it creates change initially.”
  • Adrian Amos: “We’re people too. Just because I have this title and I get paid a lot of money, doesn’t mean I have to be quiet.”
  • Asked Adrian Amos if he's made a decision yet whether to protest during the national anthem. He hasn't. Won't know until closer to game time. "I'm not 100 percent sure yet everything I'm going to do, but I'm going to do everything I can to make a difference."
  • Amos asked about reaction from higher-ups, said they were "very receptive" in meeting: "I feel as though it's an open door with them. They'd been listening, giving feedback. I think we're going to get a lot done." Amos stresses conversations for change are on-going.

Billy Turner to police: "I would like to understand the rules and the guidelines that are in place for law enforcement when it comes to pulling someone over and subduing someone. Three grown men on one is an unfair advantage. There should be no reason to pulling a gun out."

Is Turner a moron? You are always going to have police outnumber a suspect when confronting them.

QB Jordan Love had some accuracy issues again in the one-on-one receiver/DB session - some of his guys didn’t have much of a chance.
you don't say? shocking.

Matt LaFleur on Jordan Love: "Today he was much better. More aggressive. More decisive. That's what we want to see. Getting better footwork and mechanics. Have to slow it down mentally for him. As he gets more comfortable, it'll show in his play."
uuhhh . . .

Billy Turner to police: "I would like to understand the rules and the guidelines that are in place for law enforcement when it comes to pulling someone over and subduing someone. Three grown men on one is an unfair advantage. There should be no reason to pulling a gun out."
gotta be one of the dumbest things he could say. does he propose that when police outnumber the criminals, some of the police should just stand and watch? or maybe handcuff themselves?

Billy Turner said he doesn’t think NFL players boycotting games is the right way to go. “Yeah we could go out there and boycott football games. That’s easy. What change is that going to bring initially right now … football fans pissed off? What is that negativity going to bring to the world?

gotta be one of the smartest things he could have said.

Back