Official 2020 Packers Training Camp Thread

On DeQuoy. Don't be surprised if the Packers don't take a look at his hands as an asset. Someone with that speed, and if he could run fly patterns and hang onto the ball? If he could do that, and add a glimmer of potential at CB, or safety? You just never know. A year on the practice squad and voila..... He could stick, or be gone. Now the question is if they will even keep him that long.

I love these French-Canadian players. Being of that descent, on one side of my family, makes him feel like kin. hof(

Looking at WR group in camp here besides Adams and Lazard I see no other lock to make this team and think you will have 5-6 WR kept.
Wide Receiver
Davante Adams, Allen Lazard, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown, Jake Kumerow, Reggie Begelton, Malik Taylor, Darrell Stewart, Darrius Shepherd

Taylor and Stewart are long shots. Begelton was that big name CFL guy they signed so really will have MVS, St. Brown, Kumerow, Begelton, and Shepherd fighting for 3-4 spots. If we keep 6 I think Shepherd would be the odd man out of these guys if they keep 5 I think it will be down to Begelton or Kumerow as being the other guy out.

“we really like malik taylor,” general manager brian gutekunst said after not selecting a receiver in this year’s draft.

lol. yeah, you like him more than any wr that you selected in the 2020 draft.
Though it's the old line when asked about a guy they won't say yeah we really need a camp body that's all he is.

That's why I am saying players who opt out better not cry if they end up not having a job next year after the cheap young guy plays well and the team cuts the higher priced vet.
I could see a lot of mid priced vets losing their jobs. But these are down roster guys for a reason. They won't ever have the talent to take a spot from a solid top tier vet.

On DeQuoy. Don't be surprised if the Packers don't take a look at his hands as an asset. Someone with that speed, and if he could run fly patterns and hang onto the ball? If he could do that, and add a glimmer of potential at CB, or safety? You just never know. A year on the practice squad and voila..... He could stick, or be gone. Now the question is if they will even keep him that long.

I love these French-Canadian players. Being of that descent, on one side of my family, makes him feel like kin. hof(
French Canadian represent!! We've traced my dad's side back to s French soldier who came to Canada in the early 1700s...

French Canadian represent!! We've traced my dad's side back to s French soldier who came to Canada in the early 1700s...

If they are really French Canadian, shouldn't they have blades on and being playing for my Habs?

As more players opt out and injuries add up this whole season will be a great year for those lesser known down roster guys to show what they have. A lot more of them than normal will get on the field this season. Good luck to them.

That roster isn't exactly powerful. You will see a lot of movement. Only a few of players listed are really locks at this point.
It's gonna be like the '87 strike season! We dominated that year!

That's cool Cd!
We traced my dad's side of the family to coming to the Boston area in 1636.

Back