Official 2020 Week 4 Green Bay vs Atlanta Thread

the run had zero to do with setting up success in the passing game. atalanta was playing guys in their secondary who shouldn't even be on an nfl squad. that's what set up success in the passing game.
Maybe not yesterday but it’s a key component. We discussed that on this forum at length last year when discussing ML’s offense.

Maybe not yesterday but it’s a key component.

well, that was my point. and it is exactly what i said. as a head coach you need to understand where the mismatch and opportunities are and take advantage of them. not just keep pushing an unsuccessful aspect of the game plan, just because it is a "key component". i'm absolutely certain that the falcons spent most of their preparation for this game focused on stopping the run because the packers were very shorthanded at the wr position. they were ready for our run game and they held us under 100 yards total for the game.

well, that was my point. and it is exactly what i said. as a head coach you need to understand where the mismatch and opportunities are and take advantage of them. not just keep pushing an unsuccessful aspect of the game plan, just because it is a "key component". i'm absolutely certain that the falcons spent most of their preparation for this game focused on stopping the run because the packers were very shorthanded at the wr position. they were ready for our run game and they held us under 100 yards total for the game.
After half we ran what 2 or 3 times on the first drive. Coaches saw something at half to script those plays. Can’t always be perfect

After half we ran what 2 or 3 times on the first drive. Coaches saw something at half to script those plays. Can’t always be perfect

we ran the ball four out of six plays on that drive. the first two runs netted 2 yards each, followed by a pass for 8 yards that extended the drive. the next run lost 3 yards and the fourth run gained 0. then an incomplete pass on an obvious passing down of third and 13. so four running plays for a net of 1 yard.

the packers have always tried to benefit from scoring the final drive in the first half and then getting the ball to start the second half to double up on the scoring. they had the perfect opportunity, but the play calling was bad. both announcers commented on the fact that the packers were choosing to run the ball when they had a clear advantage in the passing game.

we ran the ball four out of six plays on that drive. the first two runs netted 2 yards each, followed by a pass for 8 yards that extended the drive. the next run lost 3 yards and the fourth run gained 0. then an incomplete pass on an obvious passing down of third and 13. so four running plays for a net of 1 yard.

the packers have always tried to benefit from scoring the final drive in the first half and then getting the ball to start the second half to double up on the scoring. they had the perfect opportunity, but the play calling was bad. both announcers commented on the fact that the packers were choosing to run the ball when they had a clear advantage in the passing game.
Again if you run 4 of 6 to me that’s more of you saw something scheme wise and you scripted plays to take advantage at half Only thing I can think of is with Atlanta down 3 safeties they thought they would scheme for it and might open up the run. Clearly after that drive they adjusted. So maybe it was play calling or they made the wrong adjustment at half.

Matt LaFleur says Josiah Deguara's knee injury "unfortunately is a pretty bad one

i'm not really angry, but that was the only frowny face emoticon to choose. is deguara going to be another one of those always-injured teases? what a bummer. for him and for the fans who want to see him play.

The short passing game we're seeing is the equivalent of adding more runs to the mix. The majority are coming off of play action, and in a lot of those plays, Rodgers chooses which one to use at the line of scrimmage, based on what he sees across from him on the defense.

i'm not really angry, but that was the only frowny face emoticon to choose. is deguara going to be another one of those always-injured teases? what a bummer. for him and for the fans who want to see him play.

I was one who had high hopes. Seen him play often when he was with the Bearcats and was glad the Pack got him, although it may have been a bit high. I sure hope he has a full recovery and can give it another go.

Back