Official 2020 Week 7 Green Bay vs Houston Thread

@mattschneidman
·
6m

Packers LT David Bakhtiari (chest) has been downgraded to out for tomorrow's game and didn't travel with the team to Houston.

Time to go with the left handed QB then, so his blind side can be protected better

The Green Bay Packers signed LB James Burgess from the Atlanta Falcons' practice squad and placed him on the exempt/commissioner permission list, activated LB Kamal (kuh-MALL) Martin from reserve/injured; designated for return, signed G Ben Braden and DL Billy Winn to the active roster from the practice squad, and elevated S Henry Black and RB Dexter Williams from the practice squad to the active roster for gameday.

@ByRyanWood
·
8m

Aaron Jones said he was confident he could play through calf strain in Houston, but #Packers aren’t expected to push him. The plan is for Jones to not play v Texans, per sources. Jamaal Williams and AJ Dillon will have increased roles, and Dexter Williams was called up for depth.

Well Dillon will have his chance here to show why he was a second round pick and if the team could maybe go with him in 2021 and let Jones walk.

Well Dillon will have his chance here to show why he was a second round pick and if the team could maybe go with him in 2021 and let Jones walk.
I'm not giving Dillon much if he has a good game. Anyone should have a good game against the Texans. Dillon would have to have a ridiculous second half of the year to even consider letting Jones walk.

I originally picked the Texans to win, but I'm going to change my mind on this one. I think the Packers could smoke them. The Texans don't have a good presence at this point. They're about to start dumping salaries to begin rebuilding, and a lot of the players are losing confidence in the organization. It didn't help, looking back at Romeo's choice to go for two last week. Nobody except him and that darned card that says do it, believed it was a good idea.

During this week, despite their horrible record, and last week's blunder, there didn't seem to be any urgency coming out of their practices. They're tanking.

Packers 38 Texans 17

It's not even close.

Back