Official Green Bay vs Tampa Bay NFC Championship Thread

Both of these two teams are alittle different than game 6, true. Both teams have come on strong in the last four to five games. The Packers have a 3.5 edge. That simply means that they are favored a hair over the 3 point home field advantage. We lost game 6 because we made too many mistakes that have to be stopped in this game.

So prediction wise ( two scenerios )

TB wins only by a blowout. TB 32 GB 17. or

Curb our mistakes and let them come to us in a nail biter. GB 29. TB 24

I prefer the later. Go Pack Go !

Then there's this, from the Athletic:

"Teams who have defeated an opponent by at least 20 points in the regular season and then played again in that season’s conference championship game are 13-3 all-time and 4-0 in the last 10 seasons"
13-3 is an omen. we were 13-3 the last two seasons. so we will win. guru(

Some thoughts from friends in Tampa
-Brady is making the read at the line to go after single coverage based on defensive looks. Did it at least 3 times vs. Saints.
-Time to throw has been shortened due to philosophy & play call changes.
-Better run game calls vs. expected looks.
-Aside from RG, the rest of the line is 100% healthy.

Long story short the offense has really improved the last 4-5 weeks with Brady getting more comfortable and some changes. Adding Brown has helped some but 87 also seems more involved

Both teams are different than week 6 so avoiding making that type of comparison. Some other thoughts

-Fournette is running better, not what he was but still productive
-White and David might be the best / fastest sideline to sideline LB in the league. Slower turf will help but have to find a way to neutralize speed
-Winfield is really playing well in the secondary, that group is really physical. Have to get Lazard, MVS and ESB some easy releases off the line
-Tonyan has to play well. Washington and NOLA got some space with TE’s and he only had 4 targets in week 6
-The Smiths were invisible in week 6. They both need to show up

This is going to be damn close and at the same time a much different game than week 6. Both teams are much better, especially Tampa on offense and GB on defense.
I go back and forth on this but matchups are not favorable. Weather probably plays in but how much who knows.....just don’t trust our special teams in wet conditions

Bucco Bruce 27 Green Bay 21

i can simplify that a little. we will either win or we will lose. that's my prediction, and i'm sticking with it. for now.
It really just depends on who scores the most points, that’s what it’ll come down to at the end of the day.

well betting a few folks will watch

Fox’s going rate for a 30-second in-game spot for the Bucs-Packers game jumped from an initial unit cost of $1.75 million to north of $2 million

It’s a low bar for Packer podcasts. I’d be much better than Tom Silverstein laboriously breathing into the mic for half an hour, or Bob McGinn answering every question with “Gee, I don’t know!”
Can be Leroy Butler and hock a bunch of crap like Brats and tequlia LOL

There is nothing Pettine can throw at Brady that he hasn't already seen and beaten. It will come down to individual players making plays.

On offense it comes down to ML creating another solid gameplan that can neutralize the speed of the TB def.

I have faith that ML will have a good offensive game plan. I have little faith the GB defense and ST can hold up enough to give Arod a chance to win.

That being said this is a 27-24 game. Who the hell knows which team comes out on top...

Back