Official Packers vs Niners NFC Championship Thread

Watching ESPN NFL live.

I liked the little guy with the #10 can of mousse in his hair's idea.

Don't play 3 downs. Try to move them in 2.

Throw and be very aggressive on 1st and 2d downs. Quick throws before 9ers pass rush can get to Rodgers. Take the 9ers defensive weapons away with out of the box thinking.

I know it's a dream.

I'm going to grab a High Life and hope

Watching ESPN NFL live.

Throw and be very aggressive on 1st and 2d downs. Quick throws before 9ers pass rush can get to Rodgers. Take the 9ers defensive weapons away with out of the box thinking.

I know it's a dream.

i remember early in rodgers' career when he had the quickest time from snap to throw in the nfl. i think sports illustrated even had a cover story about how little time elapsed from the snap of the ball to the throw. it seems like he has become the opposite of that. i wish someone would sit him down and make him watch a bunch of old video from those days.

Last edited:
Time from snap to throw is different than release time. His release is about the time between wind up and when the ball comes out of his hand, and it's still top tier. He's just holding the ball now, which is a different, but very real, issue.

I re-watched the game from earlier this season, and man that thing was closer than it looked in the first half. We gave them a TD on the opening drive with the fumble. D had a couple nice stops. We really hurt ourselves with dumb penalties and drops. GMo, Adams and Graham had major drops on what would've been 3rd and 8+ yard conversions. If they make those plays, the game goes differently. I expect a hell of a lot more focus and execution Sunday, win or lose.

Time from snap to throw is different than release time. His release is about the time between wind up and when the ball comes out of his hand, and it's still top tier. He's just holding the ball now, which is a different, but very real, issue.

okay, i shouldn't have used the term "release time". the articles that i recall talked about time from snap to throw.

• Cheers
Reactions: TW
We must never fall more than 7 points behind in this game, or we won't be able to catch them. If we stay within 7, we could win this one at the end. Regardless of how many times people say that Rodgers skills are diminishing, he's still the #1 guy in the league that I want to see under center for my team, with 2 minutes left and the game on the line.

I have never felt this comfortable with a QB since the Starr era, when I knew that he would make the plays they needed, when they needed them, and the stats sheet would never tell the true story.

Not making predictions but agree that anything is possible. Garapolo isn’t the running threat Wilson is and the 9ers o line is probably their weakest part. D line may be the Packers strongest part so to me that is the key battle. Pressure Jimmy G like they did Wilson and cover as well as they did early and this could be a win and a trip to Miami.

One of the things that determines time between snap and throw is the route itself. If a coach feels his O-line can hold their blocks a little longer, you run your routes a little differently, to create more depth on the route, or more time for him to make his reads. I think that may be part of what we're seeing.

I re-watched the game from earlier this season, and man that thing was closer than it looked in the first half. We gave them a TD on the opening drive with the fumble. D had a couple nice stops. We really hurt ourselves with dumb penalties and drops. GMo, Adams and Graham had major drops on what would've been 3rd and 8+ yard conversions. If they make those plays, the game goes differently. I expect a hell of a lot more focus and execution Sunday, win or lose.
Agreed. We can get these guys.

Watching ESPN NFL live.

I know it's a dream.

Gotta run the ball to bring the Safeties down, like Nagler said on Cheesehead tv. But when you do throw, gotta get that ball out!

Back