Official Week 1 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Good point Half empty. I'm always concerned in how they look as the season progresses. Granted, all teams will progress or regress, so it all may be relative, but it's an important barometer as to how they win, or as you say, style points. John Fox and that Bears team will be a different team than the Packers have seen in years. The in game adjustments are going to be important. How the Packers react will be interesting. Then again, it is a first year coaching staff for their players so there may be growing pains as far as that goes but I expect a good game. I'm hoping it's not close, for my sanity, but I have a feeling it'll be a 3 to 10 point win by the Pack.

This team looks even worse than I expected. I'll be shocked if they finish above .500.

Finishing above .500 is not a concern for me. I think they finish well above .500, but I'm not sure anything has changed in terms of getting past an elite team in January/February.

Hard to take much away from week one but Madman and Packer57, I have the same concerns as yours. Not sure this team is on an upward swing.

Might be semantic problem with the definition of style points, but you're into one of my contention areas. 2011 was an example - one of the other forums (from which I was eventually ejected because of Negative Nellie posts) was full of 19-0, a win-is-a-win types. I kept telling them that, yes, the Pack had more points this week, but it looks like a very fragile bunch. The loss to KC really affected a lot of them, and the one-and-done playoffs almost had the board owner slitting his wrists online. So, unless it's the Super Bowl, I'm always concerned with how they look, even winning.

The D had issues, no question. We were in position to make the play but missed tackles were a killer. I think not having Burnett, Guion and D. Jones hurt too.

IMO the sign of a good team is one that can win on the road when they haven't played their best. We are a notoriously slow starting club so to start off 1-0 is a nice way to start. We usually get better as the season progresses.

Back