Official Week 1 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Is there any way these articles can be posted in their entirety? These newspaper sites have a limited number of times one can read them for free even if you use multiple search engines.

Is there any way these articles can be posted in their entirety? These newspaper sites have a limited number of times one can read them for free even if you use multiple search engines.
I could but that violates their copyright.... all you have to do is clear the cookies in your computer and it will allow you access.

Safari, Firefox and Chrome all have a "private browsing" function that blocks cookies. Just turn that on before you go to those sites.

and there is also an add-on for firefox called "remove cookies for site" that allows you to just right-click on any web page and remove the cookies for that web site. it takes two seconds and then you have access to all the articles again.

I expect no less than a 14pt victory. I think 30-13 should be about right.

But seeing average TE's look like the second coming of gronk against our lbs that can't cover always makes me cringe.

Their WRs are hobbled. All they have is a decent TE and forte. This defense should be able to handle them. It's not that I expect a packers loss it's that I saw a leaky defense this preseason and last year awful ILB play possibly worst ILBs in the nfl last year at least bottom 5. I really hope it's cleaned up this year. We will find out soon.

We couldn't have asked for a better opener, it's like the WI of old setting up cupcake opponents as warm ups before big10 games started. We have that with the bears so I'm not expecting a loss. But I am extremely curious to see how certain areas perform based on last year's struggles.

I take nothing for granted. Show up to play, and do not underestimate the Bears. Hopefully a good margin win.

I don't care what the final score is - all I care about is the W. Style points don't mean much in the NFL.

Might be semantic problem with the definition of style points, but you're into one of my contention areas. 2011 was an example - one of the other forums (from which I was eventually ejected because of Negative Nellie posts) was full of 19-0, a win-is-a-win types. I kept telling them that, yes, the Pack had more points this week, but it looks like a very fragile bunch. The loss to KC really affected a lot of them, and the one-and-done playoffs almost had the board owner slitting his wrists online. So, unless it's the Super Bowl, I'm always concerned with how they look, even winning.

Back