Official Week 1 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

Not sure how this one will go. On offense it looks like all da Bears have going for them is Forte, which could be difficult for the middle of the field. I'm really anxious to see if the DL will show up.

I think this game will be kind of a searching expediton, at least during the 1st half.... What is working. What isn't. Can our rookie CB's challenge Cutler?

I am also anxious to see how much Aaron is willing to trust his receivers.

I also think that this game will be closer than a lot of people think.

We're such overwhelming favorites that the pessimist in me is worried about a letdown. But I just don't think Rodgers will let us lose to the Bears, Jordy or no Jordy. Only matchup that worries me is Forte against our suspect ILB's and interior line. With Jeffrey still hurt, our secondary should have a field day against Jay.

W 36-16 Packers

It will be interesting to see how Chicago attacks our defense. Fox is an old ground and pound coach, but Chicago's offense is pretty built around the passing game. If our run defense gets off to a good start it should open turnover season.

Even if our defense struggles, though, I don't see anyway their revamped defense can slow us down. If the game turns into a track meet, Aaron will walk away with the gold.

Here's a glimpse of what to watch for when the Packers travel to Chicago on Sunday.

home

Continue reading...

Not sure we can count on 'same old Jay' for this one, not yet anyway. Cutler has started over with a new HC twice. We should remember well his first game with Lovie Smith and the Bears, as GB's loaded secondary picked him off 4 times. After that game, however, Cutler went on to reel off several strong games in a row. Then in 2013, under Trestman, Cutler again started well before injuries derailed his season. I think Trestman lost the locker room as a whole by 2014 and that's all she wrote.

Fox is a good coach and so is Gase, I think they'll have him ready to play and will have a game plan that puts him in position to succeed. Any coach that watched GB in the preseason must have noticed how hard a time the starting D has had covering slot receivers and RBs out of the backfield. Forte has been right up there with Sproles in that capacity in his career, so I expect a heavy dose of him. The more Cutler has to rely on footwork the worse he is, so they'll want to avoid long drop backs and slow developing plays (who doesn't, I know, but I think that's when he gets the most pick-happy).

It's really the same game plan that's worked against GB in the past - control the middle of the field, go on long drives and keep AR off the field. Preseason performance suggests that our D this year will be particularly susceptible to that sort of plan, it remains to be seen if coaches are able to fix it. tc(

John Fox is a good coach. I'm not worried about the Bears this year, but if they can get some actual talent on defense and finally kick Jay and his bloated contract to the curb, they can make some noise in the division in a couple years.

John Fox is a good coach. I'm not worried about the Bears this year, but if they can get some actual talent on defense and finally kick Jay and his bloated contract to the curb, they can make some noise in the division in a couple years.

but will the bears ownership even give fox a couple years? they change head coaches almost as often as i change my socks.

Unless we really mess up with turnovers and penalties I think we win this Sunday. Usually the better team wins IF they don't give the game away.

Back