Official Week 14 Green Bay vs Dallas Thread

What does putting Monty on IR do for you? Who do you bring in to replace him? Quarless? There aren't any receivers available that are really worth going after and if Monty can make it back for the last couple games and a playoff run, the team sure could use him.

besides, as soon as quarless is ready to come back the league will suspend him. he's not going to get off scot free for firing a gun in a public place while intoxicated. and i agree that there are no quality receivers sitting around at home waiting for the phone to ring who are going to be able to learn this offense and "gain rodgers' trust" by the end of the season.

Q will get suspended but will immediately appeal and will play while that process is going on.

I'd hate to lose Monty for the stretch run but just seems like that's where things are going.

To be honest, I don't see why you would keep risking further injury with Monty. Put him on the shelf and let him heal. I know that won't happen, but it's not like GB is poised for a deep playoff run anyway.

Has GB even activated Q yet? Like was said earlier he is most likely looking at a suspension whenever he gets back.

Still, GB should not have a problem beating the Matt Cassell led Cowboys. But we will see...

besides, as soon as quarless is ready to come back the league will suspend him. he's not going to get off scot free for firing a gun in a public place while intoxicated. and i agree that there are no quality receivers sitting around at home waiting for the phone to ring who are going to be able to learn this offense and "gain rodgers' trust" by the end of the season.

Exactly. Who is on the street that is actually going to help you? With the complexity of this offense, it takes weeks before you are reasonably proficient and then there is the whole AR "trust" thing. In a few weeks the season will be over. I highly doubt there is anyone available that is good enough to help. If Monty can't go for another couple of weeks, fine. Maybe he can give us a spark for that last game or two and make some things happen in the playoffs.

The time to IR him was a month or more ago at which point maybe someone from outside could potentially have been added who could be helping down the stretch, but that ship has sailed (or has that train left the station?).

Still, GB should not have a problem beating the Matt Cassell led Cowboys. But we will see...

I'm not at all confident. That defense will get after Rodgers and they may rely on their run game to be effective in the pass game.

Back