Official Week 14 Green Bay vs Dallas Thread

usa-today-8860945.0.jpg

Green Bay's offensive line should be close to full strength on Sunday, and the receiving corps may have everyone available as well.

As they prepare for their upcoming game against the Dallas Cowboys, the Green Bay Packers are trending towards having their full slate of wide receivers available for the first time in a long time. Rookie wideout Ty Montgomery has been practicing this week, after missing the team's last six games with an ankle sprain.

The signs are hopeful for Montgomery's return to the field. On Thursday when speaking to the media, here's what Mike McCarthy said about Montgomery's ability to practice earlier in the week:

"Ty Montgomery has definitely cleared a hurdle. He's practicing. So far, so good, we'll see what he can do today."

That's good news for an unproductive Packers receiving corps, which has struggled mightily since Montgomery was injured in week six. His final status will likely be determined during the team's Saturday practice, after which the Packers typically update their Friday injury report.

Two Packers were unable to practice today - center Corey Linsley, who was out on Wednesday as well, and linebacker Nick Perry, who was limited yesterday. The Packers limited Perry's snaps last week in Detroit, and his shoulder injury is looking like it may have been the cause of that.

Aside from Linsley, the rest of the starting line appears on track to play this Sunday. His replacement, JC Tretter, has not appeared on the injury report at all, while the other four starters all practiced in some capacity on Thursday.

Here's the full report from Thursday's practice.

Packers Injury Report

Did Not Participate

C Corey Linsley (ankle)
OLB Nick Perry (shoulder)

Limited Participation

OT Bryan Bulaga (ankle)
G T.J. Lang (shoulder)
LB Clay Matthews (ankle)
WR Ty Montgomery (ankle)
G Josh Sitton (back)

Full Participation

OT David Bakhtiari (knee)
CB Damarious Randall (hamstring)

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

The Cowboys have no Romo. They do have Dez and Witten. They're coming off a hard fought physical game on a short week and need to travel yet again.

One would think the Packers should win this easily. But as we've seen, nothing comes easy this season.

Packers - 21
Cowboys - 17

I think the Pack wins, but how and by how much I have no clue.

As bad as we've played, we had a shot in every game but the Denver game. I'm not saying we would have been victorious in all of them, but we had 2 shots to beat the Lions, a shot to beat/tie and send the Bears into OT, and a shot to beat/tie and send the Panthers into OT.

We could be 11-1. We also could be worse than 8-4.

I don't believe we've played 60 minutes of football yet this year.

Hopefully, the Miracle in Motown will ignite the Packers offense. I'd still like to see more ball control passing, but what the hay, it ain't gonna happen.

I do know we must beat a depleted Cowboys team and must beat the Raiders and Vikings when they come up. I'd like to beat the Cardinals as well, to show we're not dead, but we've got to beat the other 3.

I think this week is the key. If we thoroughly beat a depleted Cowboys team, it will show the team is heading back in the right direction.

Rain and slop fest it appears. Going 24 -17 GB. I fairly sure we win. Biggest fear is getting banged up the next couple weeks.

usa-today-8898798.0.jpg

Though Saturday updates are yet to come, Green Bay should have almost all of its offensive line together this week and could get back both injured rookies on Sunday.

On Friday, the Green Bay Packers and Dallas Cowboys released their injury reports for Sunday's game at Lambeau Field. While the Packers have not ruled anyone out yet for Sunday, signs are pointing to them missing their starter at the center position.

Joining Corey Linsley on this week's report are all of the other starting offensive linemen. However, only one of the other four is listed as being less than probable to play on Sunday, and one in particular (David Bakhtiari) has practiced fully all week. This should be a nice shot in the arm for a Packers offense that at one point had to play with just one starter during last week's game in Detroit.

On defense, the Packers should be excited to get rookie cornerback Damarious Randall back on the field after he missed last week's game. Randall has been a full participant all week long, and appears to be good to go. Sunday may also mark the return of another rookie Packer, wide receiver Ty Montgomery. A limited participant all week long, Montgomery is Questionable but is hoping to finally make his return to the field since being injured in week six against San Diego.

As always, the Packers are likely to adjust some of their players' statuses on Saturday following the team's final practice, so stay tuned for any updates.

Packers Injury Report

Doubtful

C Corey Linsley (ankle)

Questionable

OT Bryan Bulaga (ankle)
WR Ty Montgomery (ankle)
OLB Nick Perry (shoulder)

Probable

OT David Bakhtiari (knee)
G T.J. Lang (shoulder)
LB Clay Matthews (ankle)
CB Damarious Randall (hamstring)
G Josh Sitton (back)

As for the Cowboys, there is little to report. Tony Romo is out with his fractured collarbone, but that comes as no surprise. Aside from him, just three other players appeared on the report this week, and two of them (Bryant and Hardy) practiced fully all week long anyway.

Cowboys Injury Report

Out

QB Tony Romo (left shoulder)

Probable

WR Dez Bryant (foot/knee)
DE Greg Hardy (shin)
S Jeff Heath (shoulder)

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

Low scoring game due to rain Packers win 20-13.

Packer line banged up on a wet and soggy field smells of a tight game. I'm not making a prediction but I do think it'll be close.

Hard to give an edge in this kind of weather. On paper GB shouldn't have any issues. Can we play a full 4 quarter's again? This team should be well rested but with back to back west coast trips injuries and a long drawn out game would prove costly down the stretch.

Back