Official Week 17 Green Bay vs Chicago Thread

This game makes me quite nervous. Bears are playing for a playoff berth and the Packers are playing for an important #1 seed - the only bye and playoff HFA in winter - in the biggest division rivalry where anything can happen.

The Pack are -5.5 favorites, being currently one of the hottest teams in the NFL with a defense that looks remarkably improved - plus a new piece added to their running game in Dillon. Packers have overwhelmed the Bears in recent history.

The Bears have also been hot with Trubisky since their bye week. They've scored more than 30 points in four straight games. They're at home playing in a game that matters and a chance to get that gorilla off their back by finally beating the Packers after having lost eight of the last nine games against the Pack. They will be bringing everything they have.

Chicago has to play lights out to win. The Bears will be playing very physical in their house - think typical Packers-Bears rivalry physical stepped up an order of magnitude. It will be interesting to see if Bears focus on the Packers hot running game, playing man to man coverage allowing Rodgers some throwing opportunities; or pressure and try to frustrate Rodgers, allowing Jones, Dillon and possibly Williams some running opportunities. (It's nice having an offense with few flaws.) Hopefully Pettine doesn't play soft and allows his Defense to go after Trubisky, to force mistakes by putting more pressure on him and getting in his head early in an important game to the Bears.

I think we frustrate Trubisky early, the Packers have just too many offensive weapons, and HFA just isn't enough for the Bears. I'm going 31-24 Packers. And hope we leave Chicago injury-free.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if the Pack loses by 20 or wins by 20 the key is injuries. Any injuries to major players and this game is a big loss no matter the score.

Trubisky has been playing much better the last 3-4 weeks and they have finally found out Montgomery is a weapon, not a game breaker but a weapon. They will play physical which has been out kryptonite.

GB 27 Chicago 21

far from comfortable with this pick

If the Pack doesn't take care of business Sunday, it's highly likely they will face a more inspired and now confident Bears in a week. Take care of business Sunday

Back