Open Jim: Where does the loss to the 49ers rank among the Packers' playoff failures?

At this point disappointment in the playoffs is expected from the Packers with over a decade of crapping the bed.

unfortunately, the last few years I've started to feel the same way.
I'm with you. I hated the match-up with the 9ers this year. Although it was still a painful loss, I wasn't shocked by the loss. It's been like that for years now.

I'm with you. I hated the match-up with the 9ers this year. Although it was still a painful loss, I wasn't shocked by the loss. It's been like that for years now.
They just can NEVER put a team away in recent years. And in the playoffs . . . they break under the pressure of a close game.

I thought this game would be tough and had a bad feeling. But, only 10 points of offense? And, the Special Teams costing us 10 points?

That wasn't what I expected. I expected their run game to run through our defense and our offense to be required to keep up.

This was a bad bad loss. If it wasn't the worst, it's right up there with last year against the Bucs, losing to the Giants in the 15-1 year, losing to Seattle in Seattle, losing to AZ in AZ both times.

Personally this was not unexpected. This was a very good team but not great. The only team that they dominated was Chicago and Seattle should have lost @ Arizona @ Cincinnati. The warts were there all year

Personally this was not unexpected. This was a very good team but not great. The only team that they dominated was Chicago and Seattle should have lost @ Arizona @ Cincinnati. The warts were there all year
I agree with this. You get caught up in the wins, but we all had seen this, if we're honest. It just didn't have the look of that dominant team. Not even sure when they put together a full game where all units were hitting on all cylinders and didn't bog down during the games. Again, for me, it was another painful loss but not shocking or unexpected.

I thought this game would be tough and had a bad feeling. But, only 10 points of offense? And, the Special Teams costing us 10 points?

That wasn't what I expected. I expected their run game to run through our defense and our offense to be required to keep up.

This was a bad bad loss. If it wasn't the worst, it's right up there with last year against the Bucs, losing to the Giants in the 15-1 year, losing to Seattle in Seattle, losing to AZ in AZ both times.
Far from the worst
#1. The debacle in Philadelphia
#2. 15-1 season kick in the nuts
#3. SB loss to Denver
#4. OT loss @ Seattle
#5. NFCCG loss to NY

Far from the worst
#1. The debacle in Philadelphia
#2. 15-1 season kick in the nuts
#3. SB loss to Denver
#4. OT loss @ Seattle
#5. NFCCG loss to NY
I left Favre's off my list.

Your list was bad as well. For all the fun we've had as Packers fans through Favre and Rodgers, man have they given us heartache.

Back