Open Jim: Where does the loss to the 49ers rank among the Packers' playoff failures?

Far from the worst
#1. The debacle in Philadelphia
#2. 15-1 season kick in the nuts
#3. SB loss to Denver
#4. OT loss @ Seattle
#5. NFCCG loss to NY
I would have

1. SB loss to Denver
2. Loss to Seattle in NFCC
3. 15-1 season
4. Loss to Giants in NFCC
5. 4th and 26

Personally this was not unexpected. This was a very good team but not great. The only team that they dominated was Chicago and Seattle should have lost @ Arizona @ Cincinnati. The warts were there all year
BS I say. They absolutely should have and would have won this game, because they WERE WINNING it and would have won it running away if the sulky vacant dead eyed QB bothered to give a damn and didn't get outplayed by Jimmy G. IMO this was one of the worst playoff defeats of all time for this franchise. Just an inexcusable mess. Pre-game match up kvetching goes out the window once they actually take the fielda, the guy most responsible for getting it done just choked.

BS I say. They absolutely should have and would have won this game, because they WERE WINNING it and would have won it running away if the sulky vacant dead eyed QB bothered to give a damn and didn't get outplayed by Jimmy G. IMO this was one of the worst playoff defeats of all time for this franchise. Just an inexcusable mess. Pre-game match up kvetching goes out the window once they actually take the fielda, the guy most responsible for getting it done just choked.
Respectfully disagree. SF is one of the few teams that can rush 4 and drop 7 which effectively took 17 out of the game. The only way that stops is if you can run the ball. When Dillon left your run game was a shell of itself.

As well as the defense played, Kittle dropped an easy catch that would have been major chunk play early, Jimmy was 3 counts late or that’s a TD late in Q2 and Stokes dropped a gift.

Rodgers was awful, I get that but that was a awful matchup

Couple things,
1. For two seasons we really played with luck, but they were so "good" come on. Over and over key players from the better teams were short-handed or key stars were missing. Yes, we had injuries too but most times we had a better match up.... so at least look at those metrics, sometimes overall records are overstated.

2. They emphasized for the second year all these $^*( regular-season wins to get home field..have to play in Lambeau. Worst home playoff team in the last 20 years...... Green Bay. So why( See playoff revenues 101)

*Rodgers has played his best ball as an underdog with a chip on his shoulder not as a 13-3 home field guy.

Worst loss ever? No the 15-1 and the Seattle games were far worse with the Giants game a close second. The last dance season was a take your sister to the prom year to me.

Haha. Got outplayed by Jimmy G. Really?

AR- 100 rating
Jimmy G- 79 rating

Garrapolo did nothing to win that game. His D and his ST's won it for him. Now was AR a part of the loss? Absolutely but to say Jimmy played better. No.

Haha. Got outplayed by Jimmy G. Really?

AR- 100 rating
Jimmy G- 79 rating

Garrapolo did nothing to win that game. His D and his ST's won it for him. Now was AR a part of the loss? Absolutely but to say Jimmy played better. No.
AR's passer rating is worth about as much as a home playoff game at Lambeau these days. He threw a bunch of dump off passes that were safe and destined for failure against a good, fast D like SF's. He wouldn't push the ball downfield, he wouldn't put it in harm's way at all even when that meant they couldn't move the ball at all, he locked onto Adams and treated his teammates like afterthoughts. Jimmy G looked and played like he was up for a fight, AR played like a machine programmed to get a high passer rating, as if wins and losses didn't matter. Up 10-3, 6 mins left, ball in his hands he goes 3 and out. Tied 10-10, game on the line, he goes 3 and out. Jimmy G ball in his hands, 4 mins left, drives them down the field and gets the win. Rodgers got outplayed.

AR's passer rating is worth about as much as a home playoff game at Lambeau these days. He threw a bunch of dump off passes that were safe and destined for failure against a good, fast D like SF's. He wouldn't push the ball downfield, he wouldn't put it in harm's way at all even when that meant they couldn't move the ball at all, he locked onto Adams and treated his teammates like afterthoughts. Jimmy G looked and played like he was up for a fight, AR played like a machine programmed to get a high passer rating, as if wins and losses didn't matter. Up 10-3, 6 mins left, ball in his hands he goes 3 and out. Tied 10-10, game on the line, he goes 3 and out. Jimmy G ball in his hands, 4 mins left, drives them down the field and gets the win. Rodgers got outplayed.
No. Sorry RP, I agree with you on alot of things but I cannot agree with you on this.

Except Jimmy threw only 2 passes in the final drive, the last 5 plays were runs. And one pass to Samual was a dump over the middle and yds came after catch. Not debating Rodgers played horrible but that game was not Jimmy outplaying him.

Back