Packers 2022 Draft Thread

Packers will likely kick tires on vets after draft. Sign one who agree's to come cheap with chance to make roster out of camp.

This Xavien Howard contract, and how it affects Alexander’s extension has got me thinking.
The amount Howard has gotten guaranteed is going to make Alexander’s extension near impossible to structure.
I’m honestly beginning to wonder if GB might consider making a predraft/draft day deal to trade Alexander for draft picks and then draft another CB in the top 40-45 this year.
There’s several candidates that would be plug/play picks at Slot/Nickel this year.

Maybe I’m over hyping this Howard deal in my mind, but it’s got me thinking.

This Xavien Howard contract, and how it affects Alexander’s extension has got me thinking.
The amount Howard has gotten guaranteed is going to make Alexander’s extension near impossible to structure.
I’m honestly beginning to wonder if GB might consider making a predraft/draft day deal to trade Alexander for draft picks and then draft another CB in the top 40-45 this year.
There’s several candidates that would be plug/play picks at Slot/Nickel this year.

Maybe I’m over hyping this Howard deal in my mind, but it’s got me thinking.
I don’t think your over hyping it at all. Not exactly like Adams but from a financial perspective it’s similar. You can’t really risk the tag next year with a the other voids coming up and other extensions due. Does the staff think Stokes can fill that role? Look at how the secondary performed without him.

I still think you can't keep shipping out our best players because team has to be cheap because of cap. going to be trash forever if you do that

I don’t think your over hyping it at all. Not exactly like Adams but from a financial perspective it’s similar. You can’t really risk the tag next year with a the other voids coming up and other extensions due. Does the staff think Stokes can fill that role? Look at how the secondary performed without him.
McDuffie, Elim, McCreary, and Gordon could be candidates to start at slot/nickel right away to leave Stokes/Douglas on the boundary

I still think you can't keep shipping out our best players because team has to be cheap because of cap. going to be trash forever if you do that
It’s not being cheap. It’s math. Look at how many void years will come die in the next 2-3 years. The cap is the cap

Then they need to stop making contract extensions that make players the top paid player at their positions

It’s not being cheap. It’s math. Look at how many void years will come die in the next 2-3 years. The cap is the cap
I still rather kick the can down the road then let perhaps your best player on D walk.

Then they need to stop making contract extensions that make players the top paid player at their positions
I agree somewhat guys that are older should not get 3rd contracts but young players like Alexander should get 2nd contracts even if at top end of market money

Back