Packers 2022 Draft Thread

But do you become a farm system then for other teams letting them walk when they become good and refuse to pay
It’s not that simple. It’s not a flat out refusing to pay like MLB. GB has dished out big money at OT, QB, the Smiths. It’s not being cheap and refusing to pay. It’s a mix of cap, roster management and cash flow.

But do you become a farm system then for other teams letting them walk when they become good and refuse to pay
Salary cap are a hard ceiling. It’s impossible to circumvent the cap.
After a while teams will have to stop caving in to 100% guaranteed contracts, and when players can’t get an extension for top paid/fully guaranteed contracts then hopefully this insane trajectory will change.
Until then I’m in favor on draft/develop/trade

Salary cap are a hard ceiling. It’s impossible to circumvent the cap.
After a while teams will have to stop caving in to 100% guaranteed contracts, and when players can’t get an extension for top paid/fully guaranteed contracts then hopefully this insane trajectory will change.
Until then I’m in favor on draft/develop/trade
It’s a decision how much you want to mortgage the future 4-5 years down the line. You can manipulate the cap short term but not long term

It’s a decision how much you want to mortgage the future 4-5 years down the line. You can manipulate the cap short term but not long term
Exactly, an IMO the only position worth doing that for is QB

It’s not that simple. It’s not a flat out refusing to pay like MLB. GB has dished out big money at OT, QB, the Smiths. It’s not being cheap and refusing to pay. It’s a mix of cap, roster management and cash flow.
GB has to be smart who they pay I have no issue with a 2nd contract if palyer is worth it. Now 3rd contracts thats the issue more often then not it's not worth investing in a 3rd contract

I am not even worth doing it for QB. Most QBs are not worth giving up the future anymore for what they make
And it’s difficult to win without one. Would LA or Cinn be in the SB without Stafford or Burrow ? Doubtful. Would Buffalo or KC be elite without Allen or Mahomes? Probably not. I can count on one hand teams making a deep deep run with an adequate QB

And it’s difficult to win without one. Would LA or Cinn be in the SB without Stafford or Burrow ? Doubtful. Would Buffalo or KC be elite without Allen or Mahomes? Probably not. I can count on one hand teams making a deep deep run with an adequate QB
Depends if you can build up a elite D your QB does not need to be elite.

Depends if you can build up a elite D your QB does not need to be elite.
Again I can count on 1 hand how many times that’s happened in the last 20 years. Baltimore, Tampa , SF. Philadelphia was not an elite defense. That’s a major outlier

Back