Packers 2022 Thread

Can't. Gray runs a 40 front... your front office has built the team as a 30 front D. You want too really F this up? Switch fronts midseason.
And therein lies a huge part of the issue. This is the same way TT screwed up, by drafting ‘players’ without considering scheme. Yes some players can make transitions but in modern day most can’t.

Last year they had Eric Stokes playing straight up man coverage on Jamar Chase and he held his own. Now they are having these guys play soft as melted butter. I don't put it on Gute, I put it on Barry.

Barry is not a robot, he's not a simple, pre-programed AI that only knows how to do one thing. He's fully capable of having these guys play less soft because he frigging did it last year. The way they are playing is a choice. Gute gave them talent there, it's on ML/Barry to actually use it to its potential.

Any way you slice it multiple levels of management of this team are not in the same page. And read between the lines people are getting frustrated because of it
Yeah exactly. Alexander is a microcosm of all these issues. ML and Gute and Ball are all equal under Murphy. If ML wanted to play all this soft coverage then why pay Jaire all that money? Did Gute and ML talk about it? Isn't it on Murphy to see the big picture and ask the tough questions? Did they discuss trading him for picks and cash savings that could be used on WR or more suitable players? Does anyone in their right mind actually want Murphy thinking about how much zone coverage the team is going to play? Very strange, something is obviously amiss with the direction of the org and the on field product.

Murphy has his fingers into this at a much deeper level than most realize. It was evident when he made his power play. Dollars to donuts ML does not have as much control/freedom as many fans think.

Murphy has his fingers into this at a much deeper level than most realize. It was evident when he made his power play. Dollars to donuts ML does not have as much control/freedom as many fans think.
I don't look at that as a power play. I look at it as a responsibility play. If their shit blew up, it would all be on him. And for what it's worth, I love what he's done, in general, including telling Aaron to not be "The Problem."

Defense went from being the most reliable since Fritz Shurmer last year to sucking shit for a few games this year, and everyone's crying like little girls. Shit happens.

The D was good last year, because Matt was telling Joe what to do. Is there a reason he's not doing that anymore? Is he doing it but it's not working? What gives? Betcha they figure it out.

Does anyone know if Joe Barry has a metal plate in his head? If he does turn a microwave on near him before a game so he pisses his pants and forgets who he is for a few hours and someone else can call the D plays. LOL

Btw, Reed had a strip sack on the 4 yard line this week. If that doesn't get called back, because Rasul tackled a guy, we punch that in and go up three scores. Totally different game.

Week before that it was a similar thing, with 33's fumble on the 4 yard line. Defense is struggling, so is the offense, but we're not as bad as we look.

Btw, Reed had a strip sack on the 4 yard line this week. If that doesn't get called back, because Rasul tackled a guy, we punch that in and go up three scores. Totally different game.

Week before that it was a similar thing, with 33's fumble on the 4 yard line. Defense is struggling, so is the offense, but we're not as bad as we look.
We should be 1-4. Yes we are as bad as we look. Beat Tampa when Bucs had Arena Ball WR, NE was playing with a 3rd string CB.

Nerd, I understand what you are saying but I think what Pack is trying to say is there are way more issues here then just a play here and there. And this has been going on more than just this year. The packers have been very lucky to win as many games as they have the last 3 years.

Honestly, you do have to give credit to ML for keeping this ship from sinking. He has won in the regular season and done it well considering all the issues. The playoffs are when all the little things show up and you lose to good teams. What has happened the last three years in the playoffs? Example: O-line, ST's, Defensive Miscommunications, etc.

IMO, this has been coming to a head for the last three years and I think Mark, Pack, RP, and Cheese would agree.
(At least I think. :))

Back