Packers 2022 Thread

Could change the outlook of a lot of games. Not saying it's unwarranted, but like anything else, there may be a period of over-cautiousness. Hopefully they have the protocol ironed out.

Not sure lot of pretty things going on with Pack play right now. But here are a few nice surprises so far:

Rudy Ford has been a great addition to the team. And even today when he stepped in for Amos showed more grit and determination than others back there.

Doubs has been another nice surprise. It's early, but right now he's showing every bit as much talent as Watson.

O donnell has been good as well. 47 average and something like 11 of 18 inside the 20? Great signing.

I see they're figuring Njiman could play RT. I noticed how slow Elgton's footwork was Sunday. A little more time, and not trying to play too many downs for the next two or three weeks will help. I say this, regardless of what position they play him.

Elgton Jenkins has had a lot of laurels thrown at his feet (including by me) but maybe it's time to tell it like it is - he's an interior player, he's not a tackle. Go back to the original college evaluation, everyone said center, and it turned out he can also be a great guard. It's rare for a player to be able to play all 5 positions competently, and Jenkins deserves credit for being able to hold up everywhere on the line but holding up isn't the same as excelling. I know he's only 10 months removed from an ACL injury so being able to play at all right now for him is amazing and likely has a lot to do with his poor play at RT but it may be time to play him where he does best, and that's inside.

Elgton Jenkins has had a lot of laurels thrown at his feet (including by me) but maybe it's time to tell it like it is - he's an interior player, he's not a tackle. Go back to the original college evaluation, everyone said center, and it turned out he can also be a great guard. It's rare for a player to be able to play all 5 positions competently, and Jenkins deserves credit for being able to hold up everywhere on the line but holding up isn't the same as excelling. I know he's only 10 months removed from an ACL injury so being able to play at all right now for him is amazing and likely has a lot to do with his poor play at RT but it may be time to play him where he does best, and that's inside.
No doubt about it, I see Jenkins as an amazingly good left guard, or center, particularly. His footwork, and his low center of gravity gives him the leverage to push guys off the line, and create a solid front to protect the passing pocket. I really like him as a player. If I was to rate him, by position, on a 1 to 10 basis, by position, I'd say a 9 at both LG and C. An 8 at RG, and a 7 at both tackles, possibly a little less at LT. But that's just my quick assessment.

If he's still slower as he recovers from surgery, should we even be playing him yet?

Nice eval and summation!

Back