Packers 2022 Thread

Only must signs might be Nijman and Jenkins. If Ford and Nixon come back cheap enough sure bring the back. Anyone else can go. Lazard has shown he's a career #3/4 WR and don't think he will take #3/4 money to come back.

As I looked over the roster, a couple of things lit up like neon lights. First of all, Elgton Jenkins is an unrestricted free agent, and there's probably going to be no way we will be able to keep him. No matter how you look at it, the salary cap issues will get in the way. He's not going to be a player who signs for a paltry figure, because he's shown enough versatility that teams will give him big bucks, knowing he can be used in so many locations to fill a need, at least temporarily, and plugged into his primary role at guard, when they have the personnel to allow it. The Packers aren't that fortunate, because of cap money.

Next is tight end. DeGuara is all we have under contract. They'll need to add a player in the draft. Then, do they reach out to keep Tonyan? Can they afford him? Someone is going to pay him based on previous years, not this year.

Mason Crosby. He's not going to come back for a lot less money. If he doesn't get what he wants, he's gone. Even though they might want him back, I don't think they're going to be overly concerned if he's gone. I think he's going to be replaced, and money saved in the cap. How well a new kicker does, I don't know. I didn't mention this to start a war over how good Mason is or isn't. Just observation as to his leaving.

Adrian Amos is gone. I don't care about the personal opinions on him blowing a play here and there, I do know he's been a solid performer back there under the given circumstances. He's going to be tough to replace, but he's not going to be resigned. Age and money are the issues I'm afraid.

I think Lowry is as good as gone. Reed? Not certain. It will depend on money.

Njiman? I don't know. Money. If the deal is right, they keep him. If not, gone.

Lots of interesting questions going in to 2023. It may be one of the easier years to see what their priorities need to be for the future, in the draft.

As I looked over the roster, a couple of things lit up like neon lights. First of all, Elgton Jenkins is an unrestricted free agent, and there's probably going to be no way we will be able to keep him. No matter how you look at it, the salary cap issues will get in the way. He's not going to be a player who signs for a paltry figure, because he's shown enough versatility that teams will give him big bucks, knowing he can be used in so many locations to fill a need, at least temporarily, and plugged into his primary role at guard, when they have the personnel to allow it. The Packers aren't that fortunate, because of cap money.

Next is tight end. DeGuara is all we have under contract. They'll need to add a player in the draft. Then, do they reach out to keep Tonyan? Can they afford him? Someone is going to pay him based on previous years, not this year.

Mason Crosby. He's not going to come back for a lot less money. If he doesn't get what he wants, he's gone. Even though they might want him back, I don't think they're going to be overly concerned if he's gone. I think he's going to be replaced, and money saved in the cap. How well a new kicker does, I don't know. I didn't mention this to start a war over how good Mason is or isn't. Just observation as to his leaving.

Adrian Amos is gone. I don't care about the personal opinions on him blowing a play here and there, I do know he's been a solid performer back there under the given circumstances. He's going to be tough to replace, but he's not going to be resigned. Age and money are the issues I'm afraid.

I think Lowry is as good as gone. Reed? Not certain. It will depend on money.

Njiman? I don't know. Money. If the deal is right, they keep him. If not, gone.

Lots of interesting questions going in to 2023. It may be one of the easier years to see what their priorities need to be for the future, in the draft.
Tonyan is JAG move on from him you need to look to draft for something better at TE.

Nijman is going to be a RFA after the season. Do you apply the 1st round tender on him?

• Shrug
Reactions: TW
Can they afford that?
Mighty have no choice you offer a 2nd round tender another team might pay that to sign him to a offer sheet GB can't match and would you rather have Nijman or a 2nd round pick?

I can’t imagine a scenario where they let Jenkins go. Has never been the MO of this team or any other let guys like him hit the market. He and Gary are priorities 1a and 1b.
My worry is Jenkins saying I can play 5 OL spots so I want to be paid as a LT.

My worry is Jenkins saying I can play 5 OL spots so I want to be paid as a LT.
He absolutely should too… GB painted itself into a corner next year with that Arod deal. They don’t have much flexibility.

He absolutely should too… GB painted itself into a corner next year with that Arod deal. They don’t have much flexibility.
Jenkins is not worth LT money no matter what. He wants top LG money sure.

Back