Packers 2022 Thread

I think Love has looked decent enough in time he's got and with QB so piss poor in NFL that there would be a team that would sign him to start for a year if he hit FA and take gamble on him. He pans out they tag him while working out long term deal. So I think Love would have limited leverage that other teams would have interest in signing him as a starting QB if he went to FA

Then if I am Love if team wants me to sign 4-5 years that I know I outplay I am getting undervalued and that I can't do anything about and if I suck I get cut and don't see those roster bonuses. I rather take a gamble on myself hit FA sign with someone for 1-2 year deal and bet on myself to become QB I think I can be. If I do I cash in big. If not I am in same boat as I was with GB cut after couple years and facing life as a backup.
And if he had leverage fine. He doesn’t. And no chance GB does a 1 year deal and risk financial certainty.

I think Love has looked decent enough in time he's got and with QB so piss poor in NFL that there would be a team that would sign him to start for a year if he hit FA and take gamble on him. He pans out they tag him while working out long term deal. So I think Love would have limited leverage that other teams would have interest in signing him as a starting QB if he went to FA
His body of work is limited. And your not going to overpay on what he has shown. Decent enough is not going to get you multi year guarantee $$$

And if he had leverage fine. He doesn’t. And no chance GB does a 1 year deal and risk financial certainty.
If he would start 2024 and 25 you will know going into 2026 if you want him as your starter or move on so that's why if I am his agent I make sure if he would sign past 2 years there is some kind of trigger to make sure that contract is re-done before year 3 if team judges yeah they want him as there starter

If he would start 2024 and 25 you will know going into 2026 if you want him as your starter or move on so that's why if I am his agent I make sure if he would sign past 2 years there is some kind of trigger to make sure that contract is re-done before year 3 if team judges yeah they want him as there starter
Then it get subjective. If he plays well and the team wins 8-9 why overpay? You put in a larger roster bonus and unless he’s playing at an elite level your not exercising it. The only “trigger” is an void year and what if he’s an average QB? Well GB uses that “trigger” to rework the deal…why? Leverage

Love is going to get plenty of playing time between now and the end of the season. Rest assured, they'll know whether they want to move forward with him under center or not, by the time the season ends.

None of what we hear matters until we see his body of work, in real time.

Love is going to get plenty of playing time between now and the end of the season. Rest assured, they'll know whether they want to move forward with him under center or not, by the time the season ends.

None of what we hear matters until we see his body of work, in real time.
If you believe Gute, they have seen what they need to see. Now could be the company line or not. As long as they are not eliminated or 12 goes down I doubt he sees the field

T
If you believe Gute, they have seen what they need to see. Now could be the company line or not. As long as they are not eliminated or 12 goes down I doubt he sees the field
They'll be eliminated this week.

Then it get subjective. If he plays well and the team wins 8-9 why overpay? You put in a larger roster bonus and unless he’s playing at an elite level your not exercising it. The only “trigger” is a void year and what if he’s an average QB? Well GB uses that “trigger” to rework the deal…why? Leverage
They overpaid for Arod to win 8-9….

Back