Packers 2022 Thread

No guarantee that Lazards market in 2023 will be the same as MVS.

Plus, they are different types of players

No guarantee that Lazards market in 2023 will be the same as MVS.

Plus, they are different types of players
I was just looking at it from a cap / financial perspective. The idea is to create space not some wash or add. At $10 even over 5 is $2m per year vs the cap plus any base. So you basically have a wash at best. Now if you use a roster bonus then sure no risk but I’m not guarantee $10m at signing at this point

And if I’m Gute and Ball I chuckle and have a nice laugh.
If you are Lazard and asked to sign a contract ext to help with cap and be the #1 or #2 this year if I am offered a cheap deal I bet on myself to have big year and hit UFA then.

I think they wait until a few games into the season, or at least until they see the Lazard/Rodgers connection in camp, to decide on how they approach his contract.

I have a hunch it's going to be a wait and see thing on that. They'll want to see how the newbies on the roster pan out.

If you are Lazard and asked to sign a contract ext to help with cap and be the #1 or #2 this year if I am offered a cheap deal I bet on myself to have big year and hit UFA then.
Fine bet on yourself but the idea is to create cap space and extending with a SB is not helping that cause. It’s a business decision

So looking at Packer salary cap right now if you figure in rookie pool, PS pool and money for 2 extra players for 53 man roster would put GB around $5 million or so in cap space Not a ton to go into season with but still have Lowry to go to if you want to free up a few million and could save maybe $4-5 million if you get a new deal with Alexander.

Back