Packers 2022 Thread

Don’t believe this at all. That pesky thing called a salary cap.
I think they could have cleared up some cash right away with Lowry and Crosby. Also you save money off the rookie pool as you likely are giving up 1st round pick to get him so that's a couple million also.

I think they could have cleared up some cash right away with Lowry and Crosby. Also you save money off the rookie pool as you likely are giving up 1st round pick to get him so that's a couple million also.
They are basically broke now and any extension would be a real reach in 2023. You still have to deal with Alexander and if they get a deal the cash out would be massive.

Don’t believe this at all. That pesky thing called a salary cap.
Yes. Although I do see how they'd be interested in him. They went out and drafted a guy who had a big role to play in a run first offense, I can see why they'd be interested in Brown, who also served as that over the top option in an otherwise run first offense in Baltimore.

I think GB, especially with ML, just values different types of WR than the previous leadership. MM et al, especially going back in the day with Jimmy Robinson, valued guys who could run the entire route tree. Now it's different, I think they want guys who can fit certain roles to take advantages of mismatches around the field. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I remember reading how much more efficient and productive the offense was when MVS was on the field. He got open himself and caught deep TDs, but he also opened things up for other guys. In that context it makes sense whey they'd value Watson highly, or why they'd be interested in a guy like Brown. It's a shame, because I still think the guys who run crisp routes will always find a way to be productive in the NFL over height-weight-speed guys, but doesn't seem like that's what the current regime values.

Yes. Although I do see how they'd be interested in him. They went out and drafted a guy who had a big role to play in a run first offense, I can see why they'd be interested in Brown, who also served as that over the top option in an otherwise run first offense in Baltimore.

I think GB, especially with ML, just values different types of WR than the previous leadership. MM et al, especially going back in the day with Jimmy Robinson, valued guys who could run the entire route tree. Now it's different, I think they want guys who can fit certain roles to take advantages of mismatches around the field. I don't have the numbers in front of me but I remember reading how much more efficient and productive the offense was when MVS was on the field. He got open himself and caught deep TDs, but he also opened things up for other guys. In that context it makes sense whey they'd value Watson highly, or why they'd be interested in a guy like Brown. It's a shame, because I still think the guys who run crisp routes will always find a way to be productive in the NFL over height-weight-speed guys, but doesn't seem like that's what the current regime values.
I don’t disagree with that. Sure they probably made a call , normal due diligence but to read into it it was a serious discussion I have major doubts.

They are basically broke now and any extension would be a real reach in 2023. You still have to deal with Alexander and if they get a deal the cash out would be massive.

Not sure how they will save any money with Lazard as his cap number is under $3 million will be hard to get that lower with a contract ext.

Not sure how they will save any money with Lazard as his cap number is under $3 million will be hard to get that lower with a contract ext.
Convert base to SB and add a void year or 2

Still lets say his base is about 800K as thats the min Would a prorated SB be less then $2 million a year?
It could be , depends how they work the math. Point is if they want they can create space

It could be , depends how they work the math. Point is if they want they can create space
If I am Lazard I look at MVS deal and want around what he got which was 3 years 30 million with 10 million fully guranted.

Back