Packers 2023-24 Season Thread

Now that Brady has retired, I think Rodgers will do one more year, to make sure he doesn't go into the HOF on the same year as Brady. He's going to want to have his own applause, not share the stage with Brady.

That said, whether he plays in GB or not? I don't know at this point. I do have a feeling he could end up a Raider.

A little birdy that has some good ties to the Raiders told me today that the interest is legit BUT, no deal is done in any way, shape, or form. If big IF they can agree to compensation then it's possible he goes to Vegas

Now that Brady has retired, I think Rodgers will do one more year, to make sure he doesn't go into the HOF on the same year as Brady. He's going to want to have his own applause, not share the stage with Brady.

That said, whether he plays in GB or not? I don't know at this point. I do have a feeling he could end up a Raider.
To be frank I think if anything it's the opposite...he would LOVE to be part of a superstar HOF class with Brady and JJ Watt. Think of the bragging rights in that folks.

I dunno. It's not just an issue of going into the HOF for him. It's going in with 100% voting for him. With JJ and Brady being on the same ticket, that might not happen. I think he knows that, and will hold off for a year, so he can say he's every bit as good as those two were.

I think Arod has a plan and the “indicisveness” is all bargaining ploy..

I just get this feeling that Rodgers and the team are looking for a good reason to separate. In his weekly talk show appearance - when talking about trade rumors - Rodgers said something like 'I guess there's conversations going on that I'm not part of.'

On one hand, it reeks of Rodgers' passive-aggressive approach towards the team and his status. He seems to love to appear to be innocent and just a pawn in the game of the front office.

Of course, the team said they want him back right after the season. And Rodgers says he needs time to decide. He seems to be treating rumors as fact.

But maybe Rodgers knows stuff we don't. And one conspicuous absence in the past couple of weeks has been anything from the Packers organization. I mean, they could simply say, "We've said from day one that we want Aaron back. He asked for time to make a decision on his future. We are giving him time. When he's ready to talk, we'll figure stuff out. Until then, Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. We firmly believe he gives us the best chance to win in 2023."

Instead, the organization has said nothing - and let the rumors fester. But perhaps they want that. Maybe they prefer to move on from Rodgers - reset the club with Love at the helm.

I get a feeling it's like two people who are dating each other - but both parties want to end the relationship. But neither side wants to be the one who says it's over. Rodgers wants to say, "The Packers moved on from me." The Packers want to say, "Rodgers asked for a trade." No one wants to the cause of the split (when in reality, both parties bear responsibility). So it just drags on while everyone talks around them.

I want to say I don't really care what we do. I think Rodgers could be great with some improved personnel. But I can also see how now would be the ideal time to move on from Rodgers if they think Love is ready and capable to do the job. Do you ask Love to sit for another year? At the same time, do you trigger the 5th year on his contract - which guarantees him something like $18m? It's all just really awkward.

It just seems like a slow walk to a breakup is going on right now. But with Rodgers, you just never know. Predicting the guy isn't easy.

Too much is being read into Rodgers statements by people who are only guessing what's going on.

My opinion Is only my opinion. But, I bet the people who need to know - the Pack decision makers and Rodgers - are negotiating.

We're not part of those negotiations and will never learn what they are. I understand we all want to know, but we're not in that loop. All this guessing what's going on will drive you crazy.

When negotiations finish, we'll find out the result but never the negotiations

I just get this feeling that Rodgers and the team are looking for a good reason to separate. In his weekly talk show appearance - when talking about trade rumors - Rodgers said something like 'I guess there's conversations going on that I'm not part of.'

On one hand, it reeks of Rodgers' passive-aggressive approach towards the team and his status. He seems to love to appear to be innocent and just a pawn in the game of the front office.

Of course, the team said they want him back right after the season. And Rodgers says he needs time to decide. He seems to be treating rumors as fact.

But maybe Rodgers knows stuff we don't. And one conspicuous absence in the past couple of weeks has been anything from the Packers organization. I mean, they could simply say, "We've said from day one that we want Aaron back. He asked for time to make a decision on his future. We are giving him time. When he's ready to talk, we'll figure stuff out. Until then, Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. We firmly believe he gives us the best chance to win in 2023."

Instead, the organization has said nothing - and let the rumors fester. But perhaps they want that. Maybe they prefer to move on from Rodgers - reset the club with Love at the helm.

I get a feeling it's like two people who are dating each other - but both parties want to end the relationship. But neither side wants to be the one who says it's over. Rodgers wants to say, "The Packers moved on from me." The Packers want to say, "Rodgers asked for a trade." No one wants to the cause of the split (when in reality, both parties bear responsibility). So it just drags on while everyone talks around them.

I want to say I don't really care what we do. I think Rodgers could be great with some improved personnel. But I can also see how now would be the ideal time to move on from Rodgers if they think Love is ready and capable to do the job. Do you ask Love to sit for another year? At the same time, do you trigger the 5th year on his contract - which guarantees him something like $18m? It's all just really awkward.

It just seems like a slow walk to a breakup is going on right now. But with Rodgers, you just never know. Predicting the guy isn't easy.
Winner)

Back