Packers Culture Change

There's been talk about ML not being great at public speaking, or even up in front of the locker room, but overall whatever he's selling, the team seems to be buying. You learn a lot about how a team responds to a bad loss where they got punched in the mouth and out-coached on both sides. In this case they dug in and turned the tables on the next opponent, on the road no less.

Rodgers is just as important to the Packers success today as he was every year up til now. It's just that they haven't had to unleash him, like they could. I think they learned last week, in the loss, that they hadn't prepared him the way they should, and this week it showed. He did make the throws that mattered, many of them being short passes. I do wonder what his discussions with ML were though? Was he discussing the calls, the routes, or what the options were, in plays? We'll probably never know.

What some people may see as an unhappy Rodgers may well be a Rodgers who sees other areas of the game evolving, and will be ready to step up and carry a bigger load as the season progresses, as needed. What we forget is that although the Cowboys threw for a lot more yardage than the Packers, those 3 INTs were game changers. If you move the ball, but end up coughing it up, you've gained nothing. If anything, you've take a little more heart of your own team.

To anyone who thinks the Packers aren't doing well, let's be honest. Most of us would have laughed at anyone who would have predicted with all certainty that the Packers would be 4-1 at this point in the season. We're at least one game better than most of us would expect. They're playing with an intensity that has been lost over the last several years.

Part of this - I believe - goes to something that was said several years back. McCarthy said that it was up to the players to be motivated for games. I see a different attitude in the coaches. They're motivating these guys to let it all out on the field, and it shows in their play. They gain more confidence in themselves every game.

Gute bringing in the Smiths has done wonders on and off the field. That along with giving guys like Dix the walking papers cleaned out dead weight. But there will be more games like Philadelphia this year and more like Dallas also. It’s still a thin team depth wise

Back