Packers Draft grades and Reviews

I may believe that there were better options than the person the Packers take with each pick. It doesn't matter. What does matter - in the end - is that we enjoy the draft, and agreeing to disagree on the names they put up on the board, and in the order they're there.

Judgement on each player shouldn't be made until they've played at least two to three years in the NFL.

Lombardi believed that rookies "should never" take the field during their first year. Their job was to learn, by watching veterans, and preparing themselves to be part of the future, when they were ready.

Another draft grade

I agree with TW you can't really just much yet ... But it sure is fun. Here is one that I though was good because it wasn't all ya ra Ra everyone did awesome. I laughed at the NFL.com one becausr almost every team got an A it seemed.

Another draft grade

I agree with TW you can't really just much yet ... But it sure is fun. Here is one that I though was good because it wasn't all ya ra Ra everyone did awesome. I laughed at the NFL.com one becausr almost every team got an A it seemed.

I just saw the same thing! It was all As and Bs. That can’t all be true

I may believe that there were better options than the person the Packers take with each pick. It doesn't matter. What does matter - in the end - is that we enjoy the draft, and agreeing to disagree on the names they put up on the board, and in the order they're there.

Judgement on each player shouldn't be made until they've played at least two to three years in the NFL.

Lombardi believed that rookies "should never" take the field during their first year. Their job was to learn, by watching veterans, and preparing themselves to be part of the future, when they were ready.

One major difference is that Vince could hold on to his players as long as he wanted and pay them whatever. No free agency, NFLPA, CBA, et. al. Oh, for the good old days.

Gute is either going to end up being the smartest guy in the room or the goat with the Gary pick. Will be interesting in 3 yrs who ends up being the best DL/pass rusher out of this group, especially on the ones Gute passed over.

Yup, this will be one of those lightening rod picks. Fans will watch for Burns' and Sweat's statistics to see whether they were better options. This will be the pick they will turn to if Gary is not special and things don't go well.

Gute is either going to end up being the smartest guy in the room or the goat with the Gary pick. Will be interesting in 3 yrs who ends up being the best DL/pass rusher out of this group, especially on the ones Gute passed over.

Would you love Burns, Sweat, Wilkins, or Dillard more at 12? Maybe Wilkins would feel a safer but I think we'd also be a little bummed at perceived limited upside. Gary would not have been my choice at 12 but I didn't love anyone else either. There was a definite drop off after #10.

The 800 pound Gorrilla is if the 2 firsts don't produce, it will always be we could've had Mack - especially twice a year

Wilkins for sure as the eventual replacement of Daniels. And unlike others here, would have liked Dillard for RT/G. Will have to look back 3 yrs from now to see how they worked out.

For now will hope for the best with Gary and trust Gute made the correct pick.

I have been reading that most sports writers gave the Packers A's on day 1 to 3. I guess we will see in the near future. Unfortunately da Bears also got the same grades.

Back