Packers Draft grades and Reviews

These grades are podo(

There are writers who gave our first two picks Cs and Ds, then gave the overall draft As and Bs. Makes no sense. These people want clicks but they also don't want to hear from ticked off fans.

USA Today gave B, read another one that gave C-. Side note: one that gave C- also seemed like a Gary hater.

Just throwing out my two cents here, it's fun to read this stuff but realistically one can't grade a draft ever for 2-3 seasons though I think putting any stock in 6th and 7th rounders is a bit far fetched.tc(

Have thoughts on Gary but will put them over on his thread. hof(

PFF ranked the draft classes from last yr following yr 1.

23. Green Bay Packers
Why they're ranked here: The Packers hit on early draft picks in safety Darnell Savage and guard Elgton Jenkins -- both members of PFF's All-Rookie Team -- but that was about it. A subpar debut from their first pick, defensive end Rashan Gary, paired with no contributions from late-round selections puts them in this spot.

How their top pick fared: We were low on Gary (No. 12 overall) coming out of Michigan due to a lack of high-level pass rush production there, and that showed as a rookie. He picked up an overall grade of 55.7 in 253 defensive snaps.

Best value pick: Jenkins (No. 44 overall) was the best rookie guard in football. He was also a top-10 left guard with an overall grade of 69.2 that ranked ninth at the position.

I really like Sternberger. Jenkins is also a C. I think he could swing out to T if needed. Draft was fine. Wait two more years.

High on DeX William's and Kadarr Hollmsn too. DeX needs to grow up, but Hollman is ready to go. He's just behind a ton of depth. Team was super healthy this year.

Worst pick was Ty Summers. But we'll know more about him after the next training camp. Thise guys always take a year.

I dont put alot into rookie seasons but 23rd is kinda low. You have a guard that looks to be a future all pro. Home run. Savage was a starter and will only get better in year 2.

Gary was one of the guy I dogged all pre draft. Wanted nothing to do with him. He wasnt forced into a ton of action This season. That's not a bad thing. Hoping for some jump next year.

Sternburger and Keke will get a ton of chances next season. The grade there will be more accurate.

Maybe not alot to go by year 1 but I'm sure most teams are in the same boat

Back