Packers Early 53 Roster Thread

I have to disagree at WR. Packers will not carry 7 or 8 WR's IMO. I think 6 will be max and Taylor and Turner would be gone. The quality of the depth is not worth carrying that many on the roster and can put a couple guys on the PS if you would need to bring one up. I would rather go heavy at OL knowing you have better quality depth there and keep that to cover injuries which have hit the Packers hard past year or two.

With Lazard sitting out, I get the inkling that Cobb will get very limited reps as well.

I think we will see Watkins get his fair share of reps to see if what he offers meshes with ML’s offense.

But I also think that a lions share of reps are going to the 3 drafted rookies (Watson, Doubs, and Toure) in order to give ML a picture of what they can do as they look ahead to training camp.

No final decisions will be made in shorts & helmets. But they may catch a glimpse of who “wants it” and has the “will”.

With Lazard sitting out, I get the inkling that Cobb will get very limited reps as well.

I think we will see Watkins get his fair share of reps to see if what he offers meshes with ML’s offense.

But I also think that a lions share of reps are going to the 3 drafted rookies (Watson, Doubs, and Toure) in order to give ML a picture of what they can do as they look ahead to training camp.

No final decisions will be made in shorts & helmets. But they may catch a glimpse of who “wants it” and has the “will”.
I think Toure to make roster will need to flash as a ST player gunner or return man. As a WR the depth might be to much for him to overcome in year 1.

I think Toure to make roster will need to flash as a ST player gunner or return man. As a WR the depth might be to much for him to overcome in year 1.
They have a lot of bodies but I wouldn't call it depth. There's plenty of room for someone to stand out here.

Back