Packers hurt by silent Ted's in-season inactivity

I thought it was an excellent article. I could not possibly agree more with what McGinn wrote. I think there needs to be BIG changes at the top. New GM and coaches. I was surprised to read that McCarthy is frustrated with Thompson's lack of going after players too. Schneider has an out in his contact should the Packers job come open. Grow some McNuggets Murphy and get it done!

Green Bay has let some excellent GM's get away (Dorsey, Schneider, McKenzie, McCollough) and they keep an out-of-touch geezer in Ted??? Beyond dumb. Are we gonna lose Wolf next after training him all these years??? To a division foe, no less? The board needs to wake up...FAST. sb(

Last edited:
I thought it was an excellent article. I could not possibly agree more with what McGinn wrote. I think there needs to be BIG changes at the top. New GM and coaches. I was surprised to read that McCarthy is frustrated with Thompson's lack of going after players too. Schneider has an out in his contact should the Packers job come open. Grow some McNuggets Murphy and get it done!

Green Bay has let some excellent GM's get away (Dorsey, Schneider, McKenzie, McCollough) and they keep an out-of-touch geezer in Ted??? Beyond dumb. Are we gonna lose Wolf next after training him all these years??? To a division foe, no less? The board needs to wake up...FAST. sb(

Wolf has been working under TT for a long time.. Absent any word that Wolf is also frustrated with TT I'm not sure a TT disciple is the way to go.. I'd rather have one of the proven guys Like Dorsey, Schneider, or even Reggie back than Wolf.

Wolf has been working under TT for a long time.. Absent any word that Wolf is also frustrated with TT I'm not sure a TT disciple is the way to go.. I'd rather have one of the proven guys Like Dorsey, Schneider, or even Reggie back than Wolf.
My favorite choice would be Schneider. But since the Packers won a playoff game, my guess is Ted and MM are not going anywhere. Sigh! FP(

My favorite choice would be Schneider. But since the Packers won a playoff game, my guess is Ted and MM are not going anywhere. Sigh! FP(

I suspect it would cost us a king's ransom to get away Schneider away from the Seahawks. I have no problem with staying with Ted and Mike right now. It isn't like we haven't had any success with this regime. If we can address a couple of weaknesses - TE, WR, backup LT and ILB - we will be in the hunt again. One less than stellar season - if you can call 10-6 and a playoff berth less than stellar - is usually not a reason to make a change. If we have these issues next year that's an entirely different story.

Yeah, but keep in mind that Ted himself was a student of Wolf, and in many ways that apple could hardly have fallen farther from the tree. Rodgers studied under Favre, and learned as much about how to avoid making the same mistakes as he did about copying what worked. On a somewhat different tack, I loved my dad and admired him more than almost any man I ever met, but in all honesty some of my biggest strengths are things I learned not to do by watching his mistakes and shortcomings.

I've read at least one thing recently that strongly suggests to me that Wolf often pushes Thompson to be more aggressive, but that Ted won't do it. I wouldn't necessarily disqualify Elliot on the basis of having learned under Thompson. He might just be sitting there thinking to himself every day, "When it's my turn, I'm not gonna do it that way."

Excellent points Tundra. Every person you work for and learn from is a mixture of good and bad. Just because you work for someone who handles things a certain way doesn't mean you are a clone of them once you are put in the same position. Everyone is shaped by a variety of experiences. I'm guessing Elliot learned some things from both Ted and Ron. Maybe Elliot is really more like Ron, but figures there isn't a much better guy in the league to learn the scouting process from than Ted. You take from Ted what matters to you and vow you'll do other things differently once you are calling the shots.

I suspect it would cost us a king's ransom to get away Schneider away from the Seahawks. I have no problem with staying with Ted and Mike right now. It isn't like we haven't had any success with this regime. If we can address a couple of weaknesses - TE, WR, backup LT and ILB - we will be in the hunt again. One less than stellar season - if you can call 10-6 and a playoff berth less than stellar - is usually not a reason to make a change. If we have these issues next year that's an entirely different story.

Actually Pugger, it shouldn't cost a king's ransom. Schneider has an out in his contract that if the Packers job comes open, he can opt out of his contract and go to Green Bay. If I was Murphy and saw Ted unwilling to ever pull the trigger despite some serious holes in the roster, I'D pull the trigger on getting Schneider in GB. But that's just me.

I would also add that the Packers do as well as they do because of Aaron. When he gets hurt, the team really gets revealed for how inadequate they are without him. I think Rodgers makes Ted look a lot better than what he really is. JMO.

Wolfman, you could hardly be more wrong about one thing - it is not just your opinion. I've said it for years, and I've heard it affirmed by others many times. If Aaron hadn't fallen to about 15o on draft day, Ted would have been out of here years ago.

Wolfman, you could hardly be more wrong about one thing - it is not just your opinion. I've said it for years, and I've heard it affirmed by others many times. If Aaron hadn't fallen to about 15o on draft day, Ted would have been out of here years ago.
That really makes me mad at Aaron! ;) :D

Back