Packers known interest thread

Blace Brown was discussed early in this thread but I wonder if he's still in play for the Packers. You don't have to run sub-4.5 to play CB in the NFL, but Brown's 4.7+ is a problem as is his crappy 3-cone. Speculation of some physical problem, maybe related to a previous ACL, so maybe he tests a lot better at his pro day.

Blace Brown was discussed early in this thread but I wonder if he's still in play for the Packers. You don't have to run sub-4.5 to play CB in the NFL, but Brown's 4.7+ is a problem as is his crappy 3-cone. Speculation of some physical problem, maybe related to a previous ACL, so maybe he tests a lot better at his pro day.
Yikes Brown just might have went to 7th-UDFA with that time.

Matt LaFleur and the Packers have met with Irv Smith Jr. at the combine and are expected to set up an official team visit with the Alabama tight end, according to Chase Goodbread of NFL.com.

Would love to get Smith in GB.. just the kind of TE Pack had been missing for too long.

I was a little disappointed that Smith measured only 6'2" at the Combine.

Not sure if that will be seen as a knock against him, but it's not normally an optimum height for TE.

His 3-cone and short shuttle were solid (7.32 and 4.33).

Notables Attending Penn State’s Pro Day Today:

Brian Gutekunst
Mike McCarthy
Dan Quinn
John Lynch
Jon Robinson
Eric DeCosta
Brian Flores
Tom Donahoe
DeOn'tae Pannell

Notables Attending Penn State’s Pro Day Today:

Brian Gutekunst
Mike McCarthy
Dan Quinn
John Lynch
Jon Robinson
Eric DeCosta
Brian Flores
Tom Donahoe
DeOn'tae Pannell

Wow, nice addition to an "OLD" thread. Sure hope Gute is there to scout some of those PSU defenders rather than Jahan Dotson.

Treylon Burks will make a top 30 visit with the Packers.

A Random 'Not discussed at all, really' under the radar prospect...

Unheralded FCS CB/S Zyon McCollum:

Pros:

• Interesting as a Day 3 pick or priority UDFA (tho, I don't think he'll make it to UDFA)
  • Has size, 4.3 speed, long arms (over 31" long), and a very good nose for the ball (54 total PBU's and 13 career INT's)
  • Invited to both East/West Shrine game and Senior Bowl - obviously, the scouting community has taken notice.
  • Thrived as a Press Man cover CB at the FCS Level...will it translate? See below.
Cons:

• Has some stiffness in his movement even tho he is clearly athletic by his testing numbers - ie, may not play to his testing numbers
  • Struggled early at the Senior Bowl tho he did see improvements by the 3rd day of Practice in 1v1's and was noted for his work there.
  • Can play out of control at times - will need more discipline at the NFL level.
  • May really be a zone CB or strictly a S depending on how his body develops or what a given scouting department sees
  • Not a lot of tape (Sam Houston State is definitively not a CB hot-bed - no CB's drafted since Rickey Royal in 1989!)

Supposedly the Packers have met with Sam Williams, Edge, Ole Miss and Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor. Also virtual meetings with Alex Wright, Edge, UAB and Jamaree Salyer, OL, Georgia.

Back