Packers-Lions injury report: Adams dealing with ‘major’ toe injury

First keep Adams out until after bye will give him 7 weeks of rest and to let the toe heal and reduce a risk of injuring it worse.

Second I think Rodgers still has arm plenty of arm strength I just think we don't have the WR's who can get open to catch them. I would not mind if we went out and got a guy like Sanders to come in and be this team's number 2 WR. The Packers WR core after Adams is garbage. You need to give Rodgers as many weapons as he can. Right now with Adams on the sideline he pretty much has nothing but JAG's to throw too. Give up that draft pick and go give him a weapon.

Reactions: TW
First keep Adams out until after bye will give him 7 weeks of rest and to let the toe heal and reduce a risk of injuring it worse.

Second I think Rodgers still has arm plenty of arm strength I just think we don't have the WR's who can get open to catch them. I would not mind if we went out and got a guy like Sanders to come in and be this team's number 2 WR. The Packers WR core after Adams is garbage. You need to give Rodgers as many weapons as he can. Right now with Adams on the sideline he pretty much has nothing but JAG's to throw too. Give up that draft pick and go give him a weapon.
4-1. That is all. This is not an air raid offense anymore. While it would be a luxury to have another WR give me 1-2 more RB or a TE I can trust

If I'm looking at the Arod/MVS connection money is on MVS being the issue. Maybe he isn't consistent in the speed of his routes? Hesitating because he isn't sure of route interrupting his speed and therefore Arods timing.. just spitballing here.

One line of thought could be that MVS is getting to “his spot” too soon because of his speed. Also, it would explain (partially) why it seems AR underthrows him frequently on deep routes.
He has a different gear than any other WR in G&G and it may be that AR is trying to find that sweet spot to hit him in stride.

One line of thought could be that MVS is getting to “his spot” too soon because of his speed. Also, it would explain (partially) why it seems AR underthrows him frequently on deep routes.
He has a different gear than any other WR in G&G and it may be that AR is trying to find that sweet spot to hit him in stride.

That could be. Or MVS runs a different speed during games than he does in practice

This timing issue is important. You need to arrive at a specific spot at a specific time. Too early, and the window may close. The casual onlooker might see a missed opportunity, but in reality, the QB needs to progress through his reads, and his attention could easily be elsewhere. By the time it comes to reading the guy who arrived early, that passing window has been compromised by defenders actually getting in position to make a play. Yet, when people look at a play, and don't specifically understand exactly what the objective is of each player's route, they can misinterpret it.

When I designed specific plays, being in a specific location on the field at a specific time determined the success or failure of plays. Not every receiver is a target on a given play. Some are nothing more than decoys.

This timing issue is important. You need to arrive at a specific spot at a specific time. Too early, and the window may close. The casual onlooker might see a missed opportunity, but in reality, the QB needs to progress through his reads, and his attention could easily be elsewhere. By the time it comes to reading the guy who arrived early, that passing window has been compromised by defenders actually getting in position to make a play. Yet, when people look at a play, and don't specifically understand exactly what the objective is of each player's route, they can misinterpret it.

When I designed specific plays, being in a specific location on the field at a specific time determined the success or failure of plays. Not every receiver is a target on a given play. Some are nothing more than decoys.
I think there is more to it than that. So much depends if the defense is in man or zone, single high safety or cover 2. And WR and TE have route options within the route tree and adjust to coverage. Part of the issues with our WR is when they in a spot and covered they don’t adjust. If you read zone find a soft spot not a specific spot. Might seem like semantics but if the QB and WR are not on the same page adjustment wise you can underthrow or overthrow easily

Back