Packers-Lions injury report: Adams dealing with ‘major’ toe injury

I think there is more to it than that. So much depends if the defense is in man or zone, single high safety or cover 2. And WR and TE have route options within the route tree and adjust to coverage. Part of the issues with our WR is when they in a spot and covered they don’t adjust. If you read zone find a soft spot not a specific spot. Might seem like semantics but if the QB and WR are not on the same page adjustment wise you can underthrow or overthrow easily

I believe I've said exactly that about adjustments and the lack of it by our receivers all year to this point. You need to adjust your routes on both broken plays, and based on the defense across from you. But that's not an intuitive thing for most receivers. It's something you need to teach, and the QB needs to totally understand exactly how good each of his receivers is in adjusting to the proper route based on coverage.

As I said, the QB needs to know you're where you're supposed to be in your routes, and when. That never disappears, because even when the route changes, the QB and receiver still need to be on the same wave link to make plays work. A lot of what's called, "great coverage" isn't really that good. It's a lack of a WR not making the adjustments he should.

Back