Packers place LB Barrington on injured reserve, activate DE Jones

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Green Bay — Two days after their defense was gashed by the rushing attack of the Chicago Bears, the Green Bay Packers lost a major cog when starting inside linebacker Sam Barrington was placed on injured reserve.

Continue reading...

I was expecting Jake Ryan to start playing around week 8 or so. Never thought it would be so soon.

He looked good against 3rd and 4th stringers in preseason, no idea how he will do against starters but I did see more potential in him than anyone else we have brought in over the last few years.

Damn baptism by fire. Let's get Jake Ryan in there and see what he can do. He's the future anyway.

Marshawn Lynch is licking his chops. Well if it's really next man up, time to shine rookie.

It will be interesting to see how much they use him.

We seem to play nickel a lot with an extra DB and one LB inside. Palmer has that job now. :( Not good.

We will see.

IMO the difference in skill and athleticism between CMIII and Barrington is orders of magnitude bigger than the difference between Barrington and Ryan. Thought Ryan was quicker to read and 'fire his gun' than Palmer in pre-season and neither figure to be good in coverage. Sooo... get 'er done, rookie. I think he'll get starting reps over Palmer within a couple weeks.

Honestly. I think Barrington is a nice player with potential. But I also think he's replaceable.
As much crap as we've all given Hawk over the years, that guys was as reliable as they come, never got hurt.

DL needs to step up even more now and keep those guys clean. Give a guard a free shot at any ILB league wide and it won't be pretty yet that's become the standard and the expectation in GB. I didn't even notice it until I watched a bunch of other games from this weekend. It's not normal.

DL needs to step up even more now and keep those guys clean. Give a guard a free shot at any ILB league wide and it won't be pretty yet that's become the standard and the expectation in GB. I didn't even notice it until I watched a bunch of other games from this weekend. It's not normal.

I've been saying it for how long ? The DL has to keep those ILB clean... when they get lazy it gets ugly. I really really think we need to rethink this scheme off season. The 4-3 over look would do wonders for this defense IMHO. Hell play a hybrid elephant look anything but this.

Ouch, Palmer and Ryan only 'ILB's on roster other than hybrid Clay.

Have Bradford and Vaughters on PS. Guessing they bring Vaughters up and release a OL maybe ?

Back