Packers ready to do 'some different things' in free agency this year

I like the fans who hope for TE hooper. He would be a solid offensive addition .However I am sure that the Pack have no room $$$$$wise to fit him in._._._._._.unless, ARod do you want some weapons, then give the Pack a break on your contract.

Also, let me put this out here for everyone. Year 2 will be a lot tougher for this staff. The offensive scheme is known. The blueprint in how to completely unhinge our scheme is out there on video x 2. Year 2 is where we find out about the staff and scheme fully. AKA the honeymoons over folks.
We also won a lot of close games this past year. Still, year 2 in the offense is supposed to make the QB take a huge leap. That's one factor in our favor.

Teams might "know how" to beat us but that doesn't mean they can. Best advice is 1: Strong running game and 2: Make us travel to California. If you like the Philly approach, then take some cheap shots at helmets worn by our key players. Remember losing Jamal on the first play? Absolutely contributed.

Point being, there's film on us, but we're still pretty good. Let's see how we upgrade.

We also won a lot of close games this past year. Still, year 2 in the offense is supposed to make the QB take a huge leap. That's one factor in our favor.

Teams might "know how" to beat us but that doesn't mean they can. Best advice is 1: Strong running game and 2: Make us travel to California. If you like the Philly approach, then take some cheap shots at helmets worn by our key players. Remember losing Jamal on the first play? Absolutely contributed.

Point being, there's film on us, but we're still pretty good. Let's see how we upgrade.
That's fine you can go that route but I don't want any whining and bitching on gameday shout if it doesn't.

Yep agree and unless MP makes large changes to his defense I think we could see this defense getting their butt's handed to them several times as 49ers exposed this team bad.
I'd like to see them improve v the run, but it doesn't seem like KC played them much different than we did. Other than not turning the ball over 3 times.

I have a feeling this was the substance of the post season discussion between Matt and Pettine.

I'd like to see them improve v the run, but it doesn't seem like KC played them much different than we did. Other than not turning the ball over 3 times.

I have a feeling this was the substance of the post season discussion between Matt and Pettine.
I think KC's offense was much better KC was able to force 49ers to go away from the run game and have to rely on Jimmy G and the passing game which was not up to snuff.

I think KC's offense was much better KC was able to force 49ers to go away from the run game and have to rely on Jimmy G and the passing game which was not up to snuff.
No Shanny got stupid in the 2nd half, the run was there and he did not commit to it in the second half......damn where have I watched that movie before

I don't think FA and the draft are a one-or-the-other deal. I don't think Gute sees it that way either. Last year he grabbed the Smiths in FA and then drafted Gary. This year he might well sign a Schobert or Kwiatkowski and also draft a guy early. Same for Hooper.

The draft is the ultimate solution to fix the holes but those draft picks might not pan out, or might need time. A serviceable or better veteran would be good to bridge the gap. In fact I'm really hoping that is their plan at WR. It also makes some sense for depth.

At ILB they have almost nothing, so taking a FA and a draft pick might be needed just to fill the depth chart. Same at TE assuming they dump Graham and don't re-sign Lewis. And hell, all they have after Adams is a whole bunch of question marks at WR. A solid veteran and a high pick would look good there.

I would like to add a vet QB if possible and the price and fit were right. That and draft one to develop

AR is older it's time for an insurance plan and plan for the future

Back