Packers Release Jordy Nelson

yeah, i really thought cobb would be the first one out the door. i heard that rodgers' price just went up another million per year.
Me too. He must be agreeable to redo his contract. No way they spend $12 mill on Cobb. Funny, Ted wouldn’t sign FA’s but paid his own players retarded money. Go figure...

I'll disagree a little about Ted paying retarded money. There was certainly a head-scratcher or two, and the Cobb deal was a little rich, but guys like Nelson, BahkT (and a number of others) got "market" money. There is no way either of those guys are overpaid when you see the kind of money getting thrown around on lesser players.

Jordy was to make $12 mil this year. Cobb is around that mark and Adams just signed a big contract, so someone had to go with too much $ at one position.

Don't know maybe Jordy wouldn't redo his deal or take a cut? Maybe Cobb does?

Neither Cobb or Nelson were ever true #1 Wrs and not sold on Adams being one either. Jennings was the last true number 1 until age caught up with him.

Cobb has also slowed down from what he was a couple of seasons back. Cobb still might get released later on.

Already had the Pack drafting a WR with in the first three rounds and think this move seals that. Especially with what looks like the Graham signing at TE soon.

Neither Cobb or Nelson were ever true #1 Wrs and not sold on Adams being one either. Jennings was the last true number 1 until age caught up with him.

i've seen that comment before, and i always wonder what that means. what constitutes a "true #1" receiver? if you compare jennings 10 seasons in the nfl to nelson's 10 (so far), even though jordy missed an entire season at the peak of his career, his numbers are virtually the same in every category.

number of seasons over 1,000 yards: jordy=4 greg=3
average yards per reception: jordy=14.3 greg=14.5
average yards per game: jordy=57.7 greg=58.0
total tds: jordy=69 greg=64
receptions per game: jordy=4.0 greg=4.0
playoff games as a starter: jordy=8 greg=8
playoffs total yards: jordy=668 greg=673
playoffs total tds: jordy=5 greg=6

not trying to start a jordy vs jennings feud here, but to me the biggest difference between the two is that jennings was a "me first" jerk and jordy was a "team first", soft-spoken guy.

This is a brutal cut, but he wasn't worth his pay I'm sorry. He looked done to me.

Still, like Rodgers said, sad day.

Back