Packers send safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to Washington for 2019 fourth-round draft pick

What struck me most was the fact that the only player in that entire group who resembles a person capable of being in the upper 1/3 of their peers might be Matthews. Also, Rodgers paycheck will be about $26.5 mill. Nearly as much as all of them.

As I look at the 2019 free agents for Green Bay, I am struck by the realization that out of ALL 10 UFA's, the only one that may be worth keeping next year is Bashaud Breeland (and that is totally dependent on how he plays down the stretch this year). That would eliminate what is currently costing this years cap slightly over $37.2M for just the UFA's.

As far as RFA's go in 2019, Geronimo Allison may be the only one worth keeping, and with a lower tender (imo), unless they feel Jake Kumerow can take his place at a cheaper price. RFA's, Kentrell Brice and Tra Carson need to give us a reason to stick.

Then there is the ERFA's, which Green Bay has complete control of, and they are all decent depth prospects to keep..............and they will be "cheap" (Lucas Patrick, Justin McCray, Jermaine Whitehead, Jake Kumerow, Robert Tonyan, and Reggie Gilbert).

2019 Packer Free Agents

Over-The-Cap currently has the Packers with $45.8M, but I'm not sure if that number includes the current $10M in carryover they have from this season, nor does it take into effect how much the cap will go up in 2019 from the 2018 cap.

So...............it may be possible that Gute could be working with cap space in the neighborhood of $60M in 2019.

Packers secondary in 2015:

Casey Hayward
Micah Hyde
Damarious Randall
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Morgan Burnett
Sam Shields
Quinten Rollins

Three years later and they're all gone.

Back