Packers set to sign ILB Joe Thomas to their 53-man roster

I am unreasonably happy about this. Thomas had a tough training camp, but it seems he was showing well last year and adds some speed and athleticism to our LB corp. IMO.

I like adding the athleticism to the group, but wonder what move will be made when Guion comes back. Do they let Guion go? Cut an o-lineman? Cut Gaston? Maybe cut a DB like Goodson or Banjo?

I guess I'm a little surprised by the timing. Why not wait a week, see how next week shakes out and then make a roster decision once Guion is eligible to come back. Thomas wasn't going anywhere. He was on the Dallas PS and likely to stay there the rest of the year if we don't nab him.

I like adding the athleticism to the group, but wonder what move will be made when Guion comes back. Do they let Guion go? Cut an o-lineman? Cut Gaston? Maybe cut a DB like Goodson or Banjo?

I guess I'm a little surprised by the timing. Why not wait a week, see how next week shakes out and then make a roster decision once Guion is eligible to come back. Thomas wasn't going anywhere. He was on the Dallas PS and likely to stay there the rest of the year if we don't nab him.

Thomas has to be on the roster 3 weeks by rule so he won't be cut for Guion. My guess is they already have someone in mind to go bye bye however reality is we are losing a player a week to injury so most likely someone goes on IR and Guion takes that spot

"If a practice squad player is signed to the active roster, he will receive a minimum of three weekly paychecks, even if he is released before spending three weeks with the team."

Is Boyd out for the rest of the year? Don't we need DL help this week with the Chiefs coming in?

Is Boyd out for the rest of the year? Don't we need DL help this week with the Chiefs coming in?

The got DL Datone Jones back when LB Barrington went down so it makes sense with DL Boyd going down they would add a LB instead. We are now even with what we started with.

Back