Packers Sign LB Kirksey Hours Before Start of Free Agency

16 million for 2 years on a guy that played 9 games in 2 years is riskier than 10 mill a year for a guy that hasn’t missed a game in 3 years. I don’t think it’s a huge upgrade or downgrade. It fills a void.
All that matters is guaranteed money.....

To me, the risk is can he stay healthy.
If he can do that he’s an up grade

Christian Kirskey's two-year deal is worth $13 million because the $3.25M in not likely to be earned incentives don't count. Here's the breakdown: 2020: Signing bonus: $4M. Base salary: $1.75M. Roster bonus: Up to $1M ($62,500 per game active). Workout bonus: $250K. Total cash: $7M. Salary-cap charge: $4.125M 2020 Base salary: $3M. Roster bonus: Up to $2.75M ($1.5M due 3rd day of league year, $62,500 per game active). Workout bonus: $250K. Total cash: $6M. Salary-cap charge: $8M

I dunno. I don't believe other teams are so stupid as to sign Martinez for that much more money than we signed Kirksey for. I think that's being a little too narrow a view. Now, if you want to say round peg/square hole, and Kirksey is square peg/square hole, it might be the case. But, talent-wise? I'm not convinced this is a good move.

I dunno. I don't believe other teams are so stupid as to sign Martinez for that much more money than we signed Kirksey for. I think that's being a little too narrow a view. Now, if you want to say round peg/square hole, and Kirksey is square peg/square hole, it might be the case. But, talent-wise? I'm not convinced this is a good move.
Get him hydrated and make him stretch those hammy's.

Reactions: TW
To me, the risk is can he stay healthy.
If he can do that he’s an up grade
How so. He has about the same numbers as far as impact plays as Martinez. Sacks Ints passes defended and forced fumbles are all close and Martinez has fewer seasons played.

Back