Packers will sign Jared Cook per reports

This is a solid move, and one I expected. Gives us options, but we still need our guys to come back strong. Looks like Jordy, and Lacy are doing their part. I think Monty can come back ready to ball, and i'm excited to see what another off season does for Abby, and Janis after the experience they got last year. Add in a hopefully healthy O-line that can stay healthy and we look night and day different than last year... I would love a vet ILb added, but if not I understand. We have quite a off season coming up next year.

Good thing this signing didn't happen today! There would have been a lot of fans who'd thought Thompson was pulling an April Fool’s Day prank.

watch this video and try not to get excited. i can hardly wait!

I'll just put this out there. If that's his skill set why was he on the market so long and signed on the cheap?

His attitude IMO was the biggest thing. Him bumping his QB on the sidelines during a game and doing the hands up don't shoot during a pre-game intros probably did not make teams think he was a team first guy.

His attitude IMO was the biggest thing. Him bumping his QB on the sidelines during a game and doing the hands up don't shoot during a pre-game intros probably did not make teams think he was a team first guy.
His tendency to drop the ball did not help.

Yup, he picked a bad year to have a bad season. His on-field performance was nothing to write home about last year and then there is the peripheral "attitude" stuff that I'm sure hurt him. Plus he has a bit of a reputation as a guy who drops balls. Beyond highlights there is also stuff like this:

Teams avoid guys who get publicity like this:

All that said, he's a talent, and maybe playing on a winner with a steady QB will turn him around. Maybe he has a Randy Moss-like season where he shines when he gets the chance to be part of a winner.

i'm going to keep a positive outlook. there's a lot of potential there as far as i can see, and rodgers hasn't had this kind of tight end to throw to in quite while. and frankly cook has never had this kind of quarterback to throw him the ball ever.

Back