Passing Game: Who will step up?

definitely not shepherd. that dude needs to go. take away his gaffes and the packers win easily.

and did we really lose much when allison went out? he only caught 3 of the 7 passes thrown to him.

similarly, graham caught only 2 of 5.

if it's true that you have to earn your playing time then the guys who should be starting next week are lazard, scantling, kumerow at receiver and lewis at tight end.
Agreed. Shephard is a rookie tho. Shouldn't even be out there. He's a year away. Geronimo has been terrible all year.

Did Whitewater Jesus even have a target last night? He played most of the game, but was invisible.

Did Whitewater Jesus even have a target last night? He played most of the game, but was invisible.
2 catches for 17 yards targeted 3 times People need to give up on him being anything more then a career #5

Kumerow is having trouble with the speed of the game. Same as Shep. DBs are damn quick. Passes get into you so fast especially from Rodgers. Maybe they can get used to it, maybe not.

2 catches for 17 yards targeted 3 times People need to give up on him being anything more then a career #5
so graham was targeted 5 times and also caught 2 passes for 17 yards. which one is worse? maybe graham is still trying to adjust to the speed of the nfl.

The receiving group is just not "there". Not sure most of them ever will be.
- Kumerow is in year 4, I believe, and he's a pre-season superstar but doesn't really stand out in the regular season. Nice depth guy but not a top-3 type guy.
- Allison is slow - 4.67sec. A guy who might shine as a #4 by running good routes against the other teams #4 CB but probably not good enough for a #2 role.
- Shepherd is small, but he makes up for it by being slow - 4.6sec. Watching him run back kick-offs and punts is almost painful. There's just no quicks there. He seems like another pre-season warrior.
- Lazard at least is tall and rangy to make up for being on the slow side - 4.58sec. He might be a useful #3/4 guy. We'll see. Height, hands and solid route running can make up for that lack of top-end speed.
- MVS is a work in progress and might be a #2, but I still haven't seen it. Might take another year.
- EqSB is a good athlete but sitting out a year will leave him behind.

Mostly, to me, just guys. Time to use a another second round pick to add some talent to this group.

Just under 3 weeks until trade deadline Packers need to start looking at teams who might be selling. Couple guys who might be on trade market could be AJ Green and Emanuel Sanders.
AJ Green is a nice choice however there are health issues with him.

Agree on your assessments.

I think MVS is a #3 WR at best. Speed but route running is not great and doe not seem to understand how to get open when AR gets out of the pocket.

Lazard will be a #3 or #4 as well. He has height but that is about it.

St Brown will also be a #3 or #4.

Sorry but all these guys are 5th and 6th round draft picks as well as UDFA. They are not likely to step up and be a #2. As we all have said, we need to draft a WR high in the draft. At least in the 2nd or 3rd round. I would prefer 2nd and drafting a TE or ILB in the first.

Back