Passing Game: Who will step up?

ML and AR stepped up. Good to see the offense go off today. Should be able to ride this momentum and go get the Chiefs

Lazard was pretty consistent today. One drop, but it was under duress. Needs to catch that but still did well overall. Nice circus catch in the red zone.

i know somebody else already mentioned this - maybe it was in shout? - if you watch that 74-yard touchdown pass to mvs, you'll see the "very slow" lazard running stride for stride with mvs as he pulls away from the raiders that were chasing him.

i know somebody else already mentioned this - maybe it was in shout? - if you watch that 74-yard touchdown pass to mvs, you'll see the "very slow" lazard running stride for stride with mvs as he pulls away from the raiders that were chasing him.

I said it in shout and wolfman brought up again later in the post game thread.

I guess that’s an example of “game speed” vs “timed speed”.

So see Shepard did not get one ball thrown to him. Wonder if his game last week caused Rodgers to be like no he is not getting anything thrown to him until he can show me he can catch.

So see Shepard did not get one ball thrown to him. Wonder if his game last week caused Rodgers to be like no he is not getting anything thrown to him until he can show me he can catch.
Dude is a rookie. He is a project for next year.

no because using one game as baseline is useless, ask me after week 17

Dude is a rookie. He is a project for next year.
At this point I am willing to cut him bring Smith back up as our KR. Shepard has shown nothing to me that he is worth keeping on the 53 man roster at this point. Put him back on the PS. If cut I can't see him getting claimed as he has had way to many mental errors. As you said he's a project and should be on the PS.

I believe that how they practice determines pretty much who gets targets. If both the coaches and Rodgers feel confidence in a player, they'll let it rip. If they don't, they're used more as a decoy than a first or second option on a play.

What was most impressive in this game was that Rodgers let it rip into small targets. That only happens when you believe in the play, and the guy who's running the route, and his ability to make that play.

Offensive windows of opportunity on any given play can close as fast as they open, and the slightest hesitation can turn what could have been a completion into an INT.

Back