Post Game GB Defeats Texans 35-20

That and Watt is face of the franchise and also in many ways the face of the Houston sports scene. Hard to trade a guy like that especially with the price tag.

Yes, the AJ Green effect.

CB Jaire Alexander was targeted only one time in 48 coverage snaps (per Pro Football Focus) and broke up the pass, a fourth-quarter throw to Will Fuller.

That and Watt is face of the franchise and also in many ways the face of the Houston sports scene. Hard to trade a guy like that especially with the price tag.

Totally agree. Watt is a part of more than just the Texans themselves. He's become part of the identity of all those who were hurt by hurricane Harvey. His involvement with Covenant House and Crisis Center of Houston was amazing. His charity raised over $41,000,000, and he was personally involved in helping Covenant House, and the Crisis Center. It wasn't just money, it was the person who was there, when he was needed.

I think Watt will stay in Houston, even after he retires from football. He may leave to play for someone like the Packers for a year, just to say he played for the team he rooted for as a kid, but beyond that? I think his heart is in Houston. I know they claim him as an adopted son.

CB Jaire Alexander was targeted only one time in 48 coverage snaps (per Pro Football Focus) and broke up the pass, a fourth-quarter throw to Will Fuller.

Alexander Island. Getting to be a shutdown corner

don't forget that king was out yesterday, so houston decided not to test alexander and focus on the backup cbs instead.

Great point! I forgot about King being out. It did, for a bit, seem like they were lighting up Greene

I thought the defense played more inspired yesterday. They're not going to be dominating and intimidating, but I thought they at least appeared to try and tackle. If they keep this up and maybe a little more, they'll never reduce anxiety but they could get the job done

Great point! I forgot about King being out. It did, for a bit, seem like they were lighting up Greene
Green wasn't King's replacement. Josh Jackson was. I know he had 4 tackles and one was for a loss. But I haven't seen his passing game stats from yesterday

Greene was playing the Safety/LB hybrid and he got exposed on over the middle routes by RB's/TE's.

Back