Post game: Niners beat Packers 13-10

6 minutes left, ball in his hand, up 7, go win the game. Nope - quick 3 and out, followed by the disastrous punt block TD.

This was a historic disaster on ST and IMO the worst loss in GB's history, considering the environment, the quality of the team etc. But what a stunning blow to Rodgers' legacy. Out like a f%^&*%# whimper. Stunning.
It's absolutely painful. I don't have any other words other than, you could just feel the game shift, as early as it was, when Lewis fumbled that ball. They were moving the ball at will and it felt like they were gonna go up by 10 or 14. After that, the offense didn't do much.

Arod did not look like a leader or an MVP today. Just sat on the bench sulking. When things started to go bad Arod was merely going through the motions not getting this team pumped and bringing the magic he supposedly gets paid so much for. At the end of the game he left quickly...

Yes ST blew chunks. But this never should have come down to that. Arod with zero TDs. 3 total pts after that first drive by an offense run by a supposed MVP.

If I'm the defense or ML I'm calling Arod put publicly for quitting. Because that's what he did in the 4th Q... After all that offseason BS he pulled he needs a good public lashing. The team needed him and he was nowhere.

The defense played thier asses off tonight. I feel for them..

As with all the other losses, AR is part of the problem, though I won't dump on him alone. His passes were "off" most of the night. Our TE's were useless tonight. Our WR's outside Adams were invisible and not getting open. The veteran Cobb looked old and washed up. The o-line was not good enough. Nobody on offense played smart football including the coaches.

A simple example was at the end of the first half and the long throw to Jones. A "smart" player would have angled to the sidelines while getting as much as he could. Would have saved a time-out and given them another shot at the end-zone. I'm screaming "get out of bounds" as he's stupidly cutting it back inside. Pretty sad when a fan with a couple of beers in him is more attuned to the situation than a player.

I've pretty much given up on the idea that we'll ever have high performing special teams units. They cost us ten points tonight. They weren't the sole reason we lost. The primary reason was that a high scoring offense with an MVP quarterback managed only 10 points. You rarely win a game scoring only 10. That said, with even competent special teams play this should have been one of those rare games when 10 (13 with decent special teams) was enough.

When Aaron does too much coke before the game, it makes him deviate from the game plan and start hurling it deep. Passing up guys open underneath. How many times did he scramble to the right today?

Frankly I don't think he deserves the MVP this year. He played well 50% of the time. Sometimes it's like flipping a switch at the half.

This was a complete fail by the offense and ST.

Shuffling the Ol made no sense, and didn't work out very well. Dumb.

The ST are complete and utter garbage, allowing that to take place year after year is unforgivable.

AROD played with his head up his arse the entire game. A complete refusal to throw the ball over the middle of the field.

Now it gets tough. We could be in for a long stretch of bad.
I would take Love adhering to the offense 100% of the time over Aaron adhering to the offense 50% of the time, even if Love is only 80% as good as Rodgers.

Ask coaches on every level. They want consistency.

The good - defense did it's job. That's it.

The bad - everything and everyone else on offense and special teams.

Time to plan the cuts and trades needed to get under the CAP and get up to speed for the draft.
Let Aaron go, keep the defense. Not only are they more consistent, but you get a ton of picks for Aaron.

I don't think the Offense gained 60 yards in the 2d half.

Offensive mastermind ML? MVP Rodgers? Best receiver in the league Adams? Kind of hard to believe. 1 drive and 1 75 yard play broke up a completely futile offensive effort.

I believe Rodgers skill wise is one of the best ever. And, yes he covers up for a lot of shortcomings.

But, when it counts in the playoffs he just doesn't get it done. The defense played superb when we won the Superbowl. And, remember he had the opportunity to get it in the end zone and end that game but did not. Our defense needed another super play to win.

I do not believe we will get very much for Rodgers. If the goal is winning championships or even playoff games, when has he come through?

Tonight injured Garrapolo got it done.

We'll probably get stuck with Rodgers and really crush our ability to negotiate

Back